• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Razam

Coach
After we have received good news from the courts, I don't want create distrust, but I'm just confused about the Shrimpers Trust.

As I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), the trust loaned £60k to Ron without consultation to it's members. Today, Ron has said ALL debts have been paid - since HMRC are happy with the solvency of the club, and that the statement has been made outside the courts on national media - I can only assume it to be true.

But no statement has been made from the trust that it has been paid. Surely good news like this is shared with it's memebers at least, before being announced by Ron after the court case!

Maybe I've got it all wrong, but first they don't tell anyone they have loaned the money, then they don't tell anyone when the loan has been repaid! I don't get it!

The trust don't seem keen on sharing info with their members, but I suspect in this case there is no news to report and the loan has not been repaid. If the trust have not been demanding it then the £60k is probably not been classed by SUFC / Ron as a debt at the moment.....

I would imagine that as the "loan" was personally underwritten by RM himself that it's not actually being viewed as a club debt, of course this is only MY possible interpretation and it's perfectly possible that I'm completely wrong!

I would imagine that as the "loan" was personally underwritten by RM himself that it's not actually being viewed as a club debt, of course this is only MY possible interpretation and it's perfectly possible that I'm completely wrong!

That is horse fingy Kay...you are on The Trust committee.....

That is horse fingy Kay...you are on The Trust committee.....

I know which is why I clearly said it is only MY interpretation. As soon as we hear anything definite, I'm sure there will be a statement.

I think when RM said all debts are paid, he was refering only to HMRC, or any debts that are subjuct to court action. As mentioned on other threads the trust has not been paid, nor the refund of season ticket money, and I am sure that the club has plenty of other minor debts.

Back