• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The U23s line-ups thread

good to see Kiernan getting another 60 mins under his belt .Probable see him on the bench sat along side Hyam and bunn .At least the bench is looking a little stronger now .

I think we’ll see Bunn come straight back in...my bet is some form of 433

SOUTHEND United’s under-23 team coach Kevin Maher was left ruing his side’s wasted early opportunities in this afternoon's 0-0 draw with Luton Town.

More...

SOUTHEND United may have been lacking a bit of bite at times this season but that was certainly not the case during this afternoon’s under 23 clash against Luton Town.

More...

Yeah because let’s be honest, Lennon, Kiernan, Hyam and Kightly, really don’t need any match fitness do they!
Agreed. Could this be an indication to our starting 11 on Saturday? No Kiernan especially seems a bit odd, as this is where you'd assume he'll be playing most of his games for the rest of the season. Maybe he's progressing quicker than expected?

It’s impossible to tell.....Lennon and Hutchinson didn’t feature in 23s game last week and Lennon was unused sub and Hutchinson wasn’t even on the bench!

It’s impossible to tell.....Lennon and Hutchinson didn’t feature in 23s game last week and Lennon was unused sub and Hutchinson wasn’t even on the bench!
Yeah all a bit weird. FWIW I expect Lennon and Hyam to start Saturday

Then they should’ve played today. If they aren’t capable of getting through a 23s game on a Tuesday without risking injury then they are not in a position to train either! Let alone play a league 1 game Saturday! Especially when they are both desperately in need of minutes!

Very odd if there's no Kiernan involved. Let's hope it's because there's a chance he's gonna be in the first team Saturday and not that he's suffered a setback

Then they should’ve played today. If they aren’t capable of getting through a 23s game on a Tuesday without risking injury then they are not in a position to train either! Let alone play a league 1 game Saturday! Especially when they are both desperately in need of minutes!

With respect, I trust our fitness staff to know what's best for the players progress and how to get them game ready.

Yeah because let’s be honest, Lennon, Kiernan, Hyam and Kightly, really don’t need any match fitness do they!

I'd have lined up

..........................Smith
Howard Kiernan Lennon Clifford
................Hyam Yearwood
Hutchinson ....Phillips...........Bunn
.......................Kelman

With lots of pre-arranged subs

Subs Knock for Lennon 60 mins
Mitchell-Nelson for Kiernan 60 mins
Pianim for Hyam 45 mins
Batlowka for Yearwood 45 mins
Kinali for Bunn 45 mins
Ba for Hutchinson 70 mins
Wabo for Kelman 70 mins

Maybe they didn't think it worth the travel time for 45 minutes of playing time?

Lennon apparently missed last week's U23 game because he was at a funeral (although he might not have played as he was ill).

With respect, I trust our fitness staff to know what's best for the players progress and how to get them game ready.

Really?

I think it’s more to do with not wanting to send senior pros 4 hours down the motorway for an hours football.....

Really?

I think it’s more to do with not wanting to send senior pros 4 hours down the motorway for an hours football.....

So you've answered your own point.

Time in training (greater than 60 mins) determined to be more beneficial to their recovery.

So you've answered your own point.

Time in training (greater than 60 mins) determined to be more beneficial to their recovery.

No you’ve missed my point....

Like they’re too good for that....game time will be and should be needed before returning to first team. And if we need those players back ASAP like you all say we do then they should get on the coach and get minutes under their belts whether it’s home or away!! It was deemed good enough last week at home!!

Bizarre selection, and apart from the injuries the team looks noticbly less fit than under Brown's tenure, I think Lennon, Hyam, Kiernan, and Yearwood, could all of done with 60 minutes playing time in this fixture.

what a good plan playing 4 possible first teamers in a res game .Pick up a knock before sat at Blackpool .Then everyone would be moaning that playing these players Tuesday was a stupid thing to do .I would rather they train with the other team members getting ready for a much bigger game .

Back