• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Universe

That is how The Big Bang started though according to SH in that some of the neutrons were thinner than other and were attracted together to form mass or matter..so going by that theory the big bang would once again happen in the future.

Maybe. Who knows this cycle could be happening infinitely, much like the promises of our new stadium and the re-signing of Mr Eastwood.

But even empty space is something waiting to be filled so it is not nothing...which is kind of the question I have been asking in this thread.

Like Mk said maybe, but tbh even Stephen Hawking is only guessing what may happen so what chance have any of us lot got?

And what will be in it's place ..empty space?

Nothingness eternal (ain as the Jews rather brilliantly concieve of it ) is a concept beyond even the idea of nothing . If we have a concept or an idea it produces of a thing so if even ideas remain so does the universe (its why we have philosphy btw logic and quantative rational do have areas they have difficulty navigating)

Just neutrinos floating about for infinity.

Though as infinity is a concept that we assumes exisits based around an idea of Time (which again is a model of perception ) . Then how do we know any of it has an existance outside our own minds (and answers on a postcard , on what is mind ;))

Though as infinity is a concept that we assumes exisits based around an idea of Time (which again is a model of perception ) . Then how do we know any of it has an existance outside our own minds (and answers on a postcard , on what is mind ;))

That is of course a very good question as even SH puts down a lot of the Universe to "Luck",which IMO means he does not really know the answers and is taking his best guess at them.In fact the "Luck" seems to out way any real knowledge of what actually is true...I doubt we will ever know as the Universe is to vast to even contemplate "knowing" even for these science masters.For sure they can base ideas on the cosmos from quantum physics and seeing more now than ever before, but even SH is beginning to change his mind as more is discovered.

Mr Hawking hasn't got a Scooby what was there before. It's the one hole in his argument but what a hole. If he thinks I'm wrong he can fight me in a car park.

That is of course a very good question as even SH puts down a lot of the Universe to "Luck",which IMO means he does not really know the answers and is taking his best guess at them.In fact the "Luck" seems to out way any real knowledge of what actually is true...I doubt we will ever know as the Universe is to vast to even contemplate "knowing" even for these science masters.For sure they can base ideas on the cosmos from quantum physics and seeing more now than ever before, but even SH is beginning to change his mind as more is discovered.

All of which are concepts the human mind has created to perceive the universe ;). Gets fun this doesn't it ;) . Of course there was life pre mankind , but conciousness is the key , what form of awareness helped form and make matter or universe as we understand it (hence why a creator concept has never disappeared amoung many others including ego , based ones ). And why do we have the different states of awareness (cynics, romantics , idealists , optimists etc ) who all see teh universe (which presumably is the same irrespective of who looks at it from a purely logical point of view )) who appear to have an affect on it (i.e living their daily life's)

Well yes but thats a few layers up that causality ;) propably tied in with Bell's therom and string theory :D

Yes but those rely basically on Maths.....which although maybe an answer to a lot of things the idea of actually going faster than light is something I doubt we as humans could ever achieve even if it is possible at all. Even the Hadron Collider only achieves 99% or one and a half times around the world per second.:stunned:

I think we would actually disappear if it was ever achieved and does it not mean that we would then be able to time travel backwards and forwards,hence why is it impossible?...Paradox's and all that involves?

Im not sure what the space was before the universe filled it, or how you would explain it, or indeed get to it... however, i think it is the same place the music off my laptop has disapeared into, so if Hawkings could work out the answer before 6pm today, i would be grateful

Ta x

I have a degree in Physics and was an undergraduate in the same year as Brian Cox.

I can assure you that without the CGI and huge simplifications you see on programs like Wonders of the universe physics is actually pretty boring.

That said I would have been a better infotainment presenter than Brian Cox because I don't look like a ponce.

Back