• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The unsavoury side of football - racist chanting against Balotelli

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
After the shaking of heads and wagging of fingers at the Chelsea fans for their singing about Anton Ferdinand (anyone else find this a really strange incident bearing in mind Terry has played alongside Rio Ferdinand for years at the heart of the England defence?) on Tuesday night against Genk, did anyone else notice the behaviour of at least one of the Villarreal supporters last night immediately following Ballotelli's penalty?

Not debating whether it was or wasn't one, but once he'd taken it, you could clearly see a supporter in a bright yellow jacket immediately behind the left hand side of the goal about 8 or 9 rows back doing monkey impressions at him. Pretty sure Balotelli clocked it too by the direction of his gaze and general demeanour. Now, I thought this kind of racism was very strongly disapproved of, and I'm hoping the gentleman's prominence in his yellow jacket makes him easily identifiable for those in charge.

No place at all for this in football these days.

Spain are known for the racist element amongst their fans, when their fans were making monkey noises every time Wright-Phillips touched the ball when England played over there I think the Spanish FA got a paltry fine. :thumbdown:

Spain are known for the racist element amongst their fans, when their fans were making monkey noises every time Wright-Phillips touched the ball when England played over there I think the Spanish FA got a paltry fine. :thumbdown:

To step away from footy, Lewis Hamilton also got greeted by Spanish idiots blacked up at a qualifying session IIRC.

Yep saw this as well, absolutely sickening, fifa/uefa and the world media just seem to ignore it. :thumbdown:

A tenner to SZ says Spain will win.I'll pay up if England do.If it's a draw the bet's void.Interested?:unsure:

You're on. I'm sure the Zone could do with some more of your money.

I'm sure that Cricko(when he wakes up)will confirm that the bet has been paid.I still can't quite believe it.:stunned:

Back