• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Verdict

Has anyone watched this?

I am really surprised nobody has mentioned it on here. I only watched the first one because Stan was on it, and I think he really did himself proud.

I watched it all in the end (has just this minute finished) and some of the jurors on there, were total morons, but Stan was a hero, showed how opinionated he is, and good luck to him.

Lots of people have been slagging him off unfairly on the Point of View forum, to which he has responded well and sharply, well played Stan, link here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/F6558955?thread=3880502

Well done Stan!!

If you read this, ignore the muppets on that forum, and stick to your guns (as I know you will anyway) :guns:

yeah well done stan... haven't watched any of the show but it is good to see him sticking to his guns and 'opening himself up' to the public on that board.. it is probably one of the best ways to help sort out his issues that have troubled him in his past.. reading his posts, there is no doubt that he is a smart bloke

i watched it last night when they were deciding ther verdict but they were undecided when i feel asleep. stan was a bit mouthy for my liking though, kept on and on butting in when others were trying to talk

I have to say, it was a cracking show - and I thought Stan came out of it very well. Having praised Megaman yesterday, I thought he lost it in yesterday's big jury session. I also think that a lot of the jurors failed to grasp the severity of failing to come to a verdict - notably Patsy Palmer, and that Jacqueline Gold lass from Ann Summers. The point - that the likes of Stan & Portillo grasped - was that you have to reach a verdict. Fundamentally, if you don't think the prosecution has proved its case, then you have to acquit.

As for the "it's fantasy" point, MK Shrimper - the interesting thing was not about that, the interesting thing was seeing how a jury works: what are its thought processes. I genuinely thought it was one of the most interesting series I've seen on telly in a long time.

The final verdict, incidentally, was 10-2 majority verdict of not guilty on all four counts.

Matt

I saw the opening 5 mins of it the other night.

One of the bods in the wigs (Prob one of Mts friends) was laying down the facts of the case. They panned along the jury, all were scribbling on note pads until the camera got to Stan who was sitting there with his arms crossed.

Top man Stan

Whats happened to his footballing comeback though?

cracking show and it really showed that on such a high pressure/emotive case how you can have doubt even if you think you have made the right choice. Becuase you are either Aquiting a rapist or sending an innocent man to jail.

Back