• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Perhaps controversial but at some point Ukraine have surely got to look at what is left in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and ask what exactly it is they are looking to gain by trying to get them back.

Re-draw the map of Ukraine keeping as much as they can, and allowing Putin to have his "victory" while at the same time ensuring the end to the rising death toll that the death of so many Ukrainian soldiers / volunteers.

That would only work if Putin signed up to not extending Russian territory anywhere else or face consequences (by which I mean proper sanctions because the current ones have had zero effect)

Perhaps controversial but at some point Ukraine have surely got to look at what is left in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and ask what exactly it is they are looking to gain by trying to get them back.

Re-draw the map of Ukraine keeping as much as they can, and allowing Putin to have his "victory" while at the same time ensuring the end to the rising death toll that the death of so many Ukrainian soldiers / volunteers.

They tried that in 2014 when Crimea and other areas were annexed - didn't end up great

That would only work if Putin signed up to not extending Russian territory anywhere else or face consequences (by which I mean proper sanctions because the current ones have had zero effect)
And NATO not extending itself either.
Too many nations are funding both sides in the grinder.
Arabs are happy to have bigger power on political stage.
China looks to make money and influence as well as have west take its eye of Chinese take overs of African nations.
This will rumble on and on like Korea "police" action did.

Re-draw the map of Ukraine keeping as much as they can
, and allowing Putin to have his "victory" while at the same time ensuring the end to the rising death toll that the death of so many Ukrainian soldiers / volunteers.
Fine but this isn't really a runner while Zelensky sitll talks about Crimea being part of Ukranian territory.While he's right of course,FWIW I think that particular battle was lost in 2014. NATO and the West in general were clearly asleep at the wheel for that one.

I think the Ukrainians have been given just enough rope so as to not hang themselves. You also don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes too. The rate of attrition is just not sustainable, machines you can replace men you can’t unless you bring in outside help..

The Ukrainians have put up an amazing fight but let’s hope they don’t suffer from a Bridge to Far syndrome. Both sides may well have to draw a line in the sand at some stage. Although saying that they may well have a crack at Crimea. Who knows.

I am sure the US want to keep Russia involved in a long war.

They did the same with Iran-Iraq in the 80s.

I am sure the US want to keep Russia involved in a long war.

They did the same with Iran-Iraq in the 80s.

Hard to say but it’s costing the yanks a lot of money support this thing and it’s not popular back home. The big concern for Ukraine is if Trump gets in next year.

Iran and Iraq had something Ukraine hasn’t and thats oil. We will get a better idea after Trump receives the Republican nomination which I’m sure he will.

Also I can’t see any so called offensive taking place until Ukraine can dominate the skies with updated aircraft and that won’t happen any time soon.

A mini uprising in Russia. They will probably be overwhelmed, killed or worse(Tortured and killed). Unless the people join in.
Maybe beginning of the end for Putin. Prigozhin scares the **** out of me though - although his comments on Friday seem hopeful that he no longer believes in the war

Spreading to Moscow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_085924.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_085924.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230624_085912.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_085912.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 28
This Wagner bloke is a war monger with no political ambition which is a worrying thing.

More importantly for him its about getting the job done but I’m not sure main stream Russian forces would follow him so you therefore could have a potential civil war on your hands. Russians fighting Russians which kind of leaves Ukraine side lined and if smart enough could take back a lot of land.

Interesting as well as slightly alarming.

This Wagner bloke is a war monger with no political ambition which is a worrying thing.

More importantly for him its about getting the job done but I’m not sure main stream Russian forces would follow him so you therefore could have a potential civil war on your hands. Russians fighting Russians which kind of leaves Ukraine side lined and if smart enough could take back a lot of land.

Interesting as well as slightly alarming.
Yep, a great opportunity for Ukraine to regain some towns and ground as Putin's main focus is self protection, and to crush this uprising quickly before it gathers more people on the Wagner side.

And with that less tgan 24 hours later the uprising has turned on its heels and headed back to Ukraine.

Will they fight on behalf of Russia again to get a pardon for this faux pas or will hide in Ukraine amongst the prople they have been fighting against seeing as they are next on Putins list.

All very strange. Gone from treason, to friends again. Prigozhin and his army are now going to be residing in Belarus according to reports. It looks like a huge monetary pay off to me. After all the Wagner group are basically mercenary's, and Putin is one of the richest men in the World.

All very strange. Gone from treason, to friends again. Prigozhin and his army are now going to be residing in Belarus according to reports. It looks like a huge monetary pay off to me. After all the Wagner group are basically mercenary's, and Putin is one of the richest men in the World.
Or a way to reposition thousands of men and equipment on the north border of Ukraine - will Ukraine have to shift resources to bolster defences?

Back