• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OlvisIII

Coach
I am going to sound like a bit of a misery but I am slightly embarrassed by a small section of our support.  I was sitting behind the goal and there was a section of 12-18 year olds sitting not far away.

I understand that there is a fair amount of banter between two sets of fans during a match.  What I don't understand is why these kids come to the game at all?  They spent the majority of the game watching the tier above trying to aim chants and trade insults.  They weren't interested in the actual game.  Fair enough sing your heart out, but get involved in what is happening on the pitch.  

The trouble is these kids think they are really tough shouting insults from the safety of 100 ft, surrounded by marshalls and police.  They watch the football factory and ID and think that they are indestructable.  One of these days they are going to bite off more than they can chew.  

It's not that I don't want them to enjoy themselves supporting the blues, but for God's sake watch the game and enjoy football!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 20 2005,17:50)]I am going to sound like a bit of a misery but I am slightly embarrassed by a small section of our support. I was sitting behind the goal and there was a section of 12-18 year olds sitting not far away.

I understand that there is a fair amount of banter between two sets of fans during a match. What I don't understand is why these kids come to the game at all? They spent the majority of the game watching the tier above trying to aim chants and trade insults. They weren't interested in the actual game. Fair enough sing your heart out, but get involved in what is happening on the pitch.

The trouble is these kids think they are really tough shouting insults from the safety of 100 ft, surrounded by marshalls and police. They watch the football factory and ID and think that they are indestructable. One of these days they are going to bite off more than they can chew.

It's not that I don't want them to enjoy themselves supporting the blues, but for God's sake watch the game and enjoy football!
We were talking about this yesterday, aimed at the younger fans belonging to the Stone Island Mob...

As we go up the football league, we'll be straying away from the Chesters and the Macclesfields with very little support and therefor very little problem fans, However we'll meet more teams like Forest, the Sheffield teams and Millwall that have a very learge support base and in turn organised "Mobs"... They start to insult like they did yesterday and i can guarantee they'll be on the wrong end of a good hiding.

This said, they'll only do it the once...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Nov. 20 2005,18:00)]This said, they'll only do it the once...
i will won't be abled to do it twice,

1. because they probably wouldn't be around to do it again
2. if they were around they'd think twice about doing it again

I know the group you mean they're a bunch of idiots. I saw them at the service station and 2 of them were wearing Stone Island!!!!!! They were about 13!!!!!
laugh.gif

I'll never understand these people, the ones who spend all game hurling insults at other groups of fans without actually watching the game.

Why bother paying to get in? just wait outside the ground and sling your insults then..... oh sorry, there might be recriminations for these people who are 'all mouth no trousers'

They should just sit down and shut up!

Yes, I'm pretty sure these bunnions must reside in part of the old F Block, that cherished part of Roots Hall that ignores all that is happening on the pitch to "bravely" hurl insults and hand gestures from behind two sets of walls to an old bloke and his 12-year-old wide-eyed son who travelled through the wee hours from the wilds of northern England to support their team, no matter how crap they might be. These goons then have to cheek to demand that everyone "stand up if you love Southend" every ten minutes whilst still ignoring the action on the pitch. Of course, if old Mr Jones with the artificial hip (who has been watching Southend United since 1948) fails to stand to attention almost immediately to their demands, he is labelled a "day-tripper" and told to feck off back to Upton Park. Utter p%&*ks who have the gall to goad the Cardiff boys and then hop it as fast as their little go-faster trainers can take them when the rather more brazen Welshmen reciprocate and clear the two sets of walls to confront the "boys" in the F Block who have long since disappeared, melting into the crowds heading for the exits, the same planks who then charge into the local and accuse everyone of "letting them down". Pondlife ...

WS

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 20 2005,21:55)]Yes, I'm pretty sure these bunnions must reside in part of the old F Block, that cherished part of Roots Hall that ignores all that is happening on the pitch to "bravely" hurl insults and hand gestures from behind two sets of walls to an old bloke and his 12-year-old wide-eyed son who travelled through the wee hours from the wilds of northern England to support their team, no matter how crap they might be. These goons then have to cheek to demand that everyone "stand up if you love Southend" every ten minutes whilst still ignoring the action on the pitch. Of course, if old Mr Jones with the artificial hip (who has been watching Southend United since 1948) fails to stand to attention almost immediately to their demands, he is labelled a "day-tripper" and told to feck off back to Upton Park. Utter p%&*ks who have the gall to goad the Cardiff boys and then hop it as fast as their little go-faster trainers can take them when the rather more brazen Welshmen reciprocate and clear the two sets of walls to confront the "boys" in the F Block who have long since disappeared, melting into the crowds heading for the exits, the same planks who then charge into the local and accuse everyone of "letting them down". Pondlife ...

WS

mad.gif
couldnt have put it better. not that long ago but i remember that day very well and got a very good view of these idiots running for their lives whilst parents stood in the stand protecting their kids as the cardiff boys took over the west stand. i dont encourage violence but my friends dad whos a S.T.H at spurs went along to this game and was sat in the west whilst it all kicked off. he was one of the very few who actually stood up for himself and gave as good as he got. just ironic how the very idiots all go calling him a 'day tripper' ended up saving them a nasty and deserved beating.

i believe ZS was refering to a game when we played cardiff about four seasons ago when we scored in the last minute through an own goal to draw the game. the little chavs were giving it to the cardiff lads all game and when the goal went in, it sparked mayhem and these little chavs went running.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 20 2005,21:55)]Yes, I'm pretty sure these bunnions must reside in part of the old F Block, that cherished part of Roots Hall that ignores all that is happening on the pitch to "bravely" hurl insults and hand gestures from behind two sets of walls to an old bloke and his 12-year-old wide-eyed son who travelled through the wee hours from the wilds of northern England to support their team, no matter how crap they might be. These goons then have to cheek to demand that everyone "stand up if you love Southend" every ten minutes whilst still ignoring the action on the pitch. Of course, if old Mr Jones with the artificial hip (who has been watching Southend United since 1948) fails to stand to attention almost immediately to their demands, he is labelled a "day-tripper" and told to feck off back to Upton Park. Utter p%&*ks who have the gall to goad the Cardiff boys and then hop it as fast as their little go-faster trainers can take them when the rather more brazen Welshmen reciprocate and clear the two sets of walls to confront the "boys" in the F Block who have long since disappeared, melting into the crowds heading for the exits, the same planks who then charge into the local and accuse everyone of "letting them down". Pondlife ...

WS

mad.gif
Absolutely spot on. I'm glad it's not just me who was thoroughly p%&sed off by these idiots. The stand up if you love Southend chant is fine once a game but it gets rediculous. Having finally got these muppets to sit down at the start of the game, they start this chant off over and over again. It just antagonises people and spoils the game for genuine football lovers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 21 2005,09:42)]
[b said:

WS

mad.gif
Absolutely spot on.  I'm glad it's not just me who was thoroughly p%&sed off by these idiots.  The stand up if you love Southend chant is fine once a game but it gets rediculous.  Having finally got these muppets to sit down at the start of the game, they start this chant off over and over again.  It just antagonises people and spoils the game for genuine football lovers.
Jesus Christ people.. liven up. All you do is complain.
Some people like to sing, some people like to swear, some people even like to sit there for 90 mins talking to someone and not even paying attention to the game.. dont worry about it, in the long run of things, it hardly affects your life does it?
Im sure you all still sleep well at night..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 20 2005,21:59)]I seem to remember some day-trippers yesterday. Even Judas left 10 minutes into the first half
laugh.gif
I remembered i had left my coat in Hooters
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 21 2005,09:46)]Jesus Christ people.. liven up. All you do is complain.
Some people like to sing, some people like to swear, some people even like to sit there for 90 mins talking to someone and not even paying attention to the game.. dont worry about it, in the long run of things, it hardly affects your life does it?
Im sure you all still sleep well at night..
I disagree - it effects the 90 minutes that I have paid 23 quid for. When you've got idiots constantly standing up in front of you hurling abuse, throwing expletives at random people standing 100metres away in a different stand, pretending that they are hard as nails, it annoys the hell out of me and ruins the game. I don't mind swearing at the incidents in the game, I don't mind banter between fans, but this goes over the line.

When these kids give out this abuse to Reading fans or Cardiff fans it might well effect the rest of us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 21 2005,02:35)]it was Swansea not Cardiff!
Definately Cardiff, Scott. They were leading 1-0 and looked certain to be returning down the M4 with all three points when Cardiff's Rhys Weston lobbed the ball spectacularly over his own keeper in front of the South Stand to win a point for the Shrimpers right at the death and spark mayhem in the stands. (Weston would later feature as one of 4-4-2 magazine's "the lad's a bit special" and cite this very incident as his most embarassing moment in his career so far). The F Block numb-nuts goaded the Cardiff boys just a little too much and when they reciprocated, the little Shrimpers legged it ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 21 2005,10:46)]Jesus Christ people.. liven up. All you do is complain.
Some people like to sing, some people like to swear, some people even like to sit there for 90 mins talking to someone and not even paying attention to the game..
And some people like to watch a game of football without being verbally abused by a gang of acne-riddled 16-year-olds just because they decided NOT to stand up for Southend for the 24th time that afternoon ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2005,12:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 21 2005,02:35)]it was Swansea not Cardiff!
Definately Cardiff, Scott. They were leading 1-0 and looked certain to be returning down the M4 with all three points when Cardiff's Rhys Weston lobbed the ball spectacularly over his own keeper in front of the South Stand to win a point for the Shrimpers right at the death and spark mayhem in the stands. (Weston would later feature as one of 4-4-2 magazine's "the lad's a bit special" and cite this very incident as his most embarassing moment in his career so far). The F Block numb-nuts goaded the Cardiff boys just a little too much and when they reciprocated, the little Shrimpers legged it ...

WS
yeah that was well embarrasing and cringe worthy.

Southend do have a mob who can well hold themselves but dont go around giving it the big one all the time but will not mouth off and run like schoolboys. They are also hardcore supporters of the club and have been going since the dark old days and through thick and thin so nobody can doubtt their loyalty.

As i wise man said to me once, its thew quiet ones you have to wach out for
biggrin.gif

These people do really get on my wick as well, screaming at the top of their voices about how much they love Southend and if you dont sing you are a p%&*k. I will say this to anyone who gets this responce, walk straight up to them and get them to repeat it and i am sure they will siht themsleves as they are not so brave on their own.

Dr Ben.

Back