• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Zone End of Season Bash at the Spread

I will donate the usual £20 worth of National Lottery Tickets and start the buying of Raffle tickets with £10 worth please.

I will be in for a couple after the game

Having won them at the last two raffles please can you ensure that I win more than a tenner next time. Thanks Andy.

I missed the last draw and wasn't aware of that, I did win two prizes one of which I have donated back. The second of which was a winning lottery ticket for a tenner which Cricko kindly persuaded me to purchase raffle tickets with. :D

You missed TB winning a crap womens watch, the Seinfelch DVD & something else totally pants!! He was not a happy bunny!! IIRC, he tried to chat a woman up & offered her the watch too!! I think it ended up in the bin!!

Without wishing to stir things up again, I need to explain a bit more about the Facebook "event."

It was suggested as quite a few people as there maybe problems between a few people & potential trouble. It was even mentioned in an early message testing the water for an alternative for AFTER we'd had a drink in the Spread.

I personally have a problem with somebody that might be there & although I pride myself in self control, who knows. So rather than expose ourselves to that probem & end up in a brawl it was suggested we do something else later on! Nothing much more than that, although several people did have a problem with the behaviour of some of the people there, which is why the take up was as good as it was!

Like I said at the start, this is meant to stir things up, just explain why! If any of the owners want to know more, they can PM & I will give details, providing it goes no further!!

I personally have a problem with somebody that might be there & although I pride myself in self control, who knows. So rather than expose ourselves to that probem & end up in a brawl it was suggested we do something else later on!

I am sure being grown men there wont be a problem.

why is all this facebook stuff such a problem? i was under the impression everyone involved were adults.

I am sure being grown men there wont be a problem.

I'm sure we will, but having your evening spoilt by the moronic behaviour of certain people makes it less appealing! For this reason alone I will not be there at the end of the evening. The fact there may be people there that have other issues makes it less appealing. That said I will be there for a couple!

For example, my other half was nearly trampled by somebody worse for wear dancing on the table she was sat on. her drink was knocked over & was scowled at for having the front for saying something!! I want to be able enjoy myself without having to put up with this rubbish!

why is all this facebook stuff such a problem? i was under the impression everyone involved were adults.

Exactly, which is why I thought it should be explained a bit better rather than all the crap that was written before. That just blew the whole thing out of proportion & made it seem like there is a secret clique. The people on there are a group of SUFC fans who get on well, as you & a few of the SZFC boys saw in the Last Post.

If this childishness continues like it has done for so long now, I am going to come over, put 50 quid in the jukebox, and play my Leona Lewis song on repeat for the entire evening.

Your choice sports fans.

Now repeat after me...

Everybody love everybody.

If this childishness continues like it has done for so long now, I am going to come over, put 50 quid in the jukebox, and play my Leona Lewis song on repeat for the entire evening.

Your choice sports fans.

Now repeat after me...

If arguing and in house fighting guarantees you coming over then I vote we continue! ;)

Your choice sports fans.

Now repeat after me...

Not unless you want the juke box inserted somewhere dank, dark and unpleasant Ant. :)

I'll sort something out to post over as a prize. The credit crunch is hitting Oz too so it won't be too extravagant but I'm sure I can find a little something Queensland Roar related to contribute.

The after match party for the last game of the season in The Spread has always been a cracker, the ones organised by SZ and the more impromptu ones in years before that. I'll certainly miss not being there for this one, but will be there in spirit.

Your choice sports fans.

Now repeat after me...

Let repeat myself again!!! "I WAS EXPLAINING WHY AN ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENT WAS TALKED ABOUT ON FACEBOOK!!" Nothing more, nothing less. It was not written to stir things about, that was done by somebody who won't be going!!

I will be selling raffle tickets again folks .. after the demise of The Nelson i will be in The Railway certainly before Leicester and Cheltenham (not sure about Friday yet) so come and see me (or ask for Lee Venus as there'll be plenty that know me in there) to get your tickets

Alternatively i shall be in the back row of Block Q in The Family Enclosure (directly in front of the tea bar) or in the bar round the back at half time of our 3 remaining matches

Back