• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mfurok

Manager⭐
Apart from John White's goal (we don't say that very often), the only enjoyable part of the day yesterday was before the match when I spoke to Theo Foley.

He has just turned 80 and is still best mates with Billy Best and John Kurila.

Theo said that it was on his recommendation that Billy came to Roots Hall in the first place........

Regarding MaineRoadGate Theo blamed Whelan rather than Vic for his sacking, which surprised me.

Great to meet him - a real privilege.

What's Theo up to these days?

Not a lot at 80 but he is still a match day host at the Valley.

Pre match, having watched Charlton all season and in particular on Tuesday, he gave them no chance.

Rates Ricky Holmes though.

Hey ho.

Apart from John White's goal (we don't say that very often), the only enjoyable part of the day yesterday was before the match when I spoke to Theo Foley.

He has just turned 80 and is still best mates with Billy Best and John Kurila.

Theo said that it was on his recommendation that Billy came to Roots Hall in the first place........

Regarding MaineRoadGate Theo blamed Whelan rather than Vic for his sacking, which surprised me.

Great to meet him - a real privilege.

That is good to know that Theo is still fit and in good form sadly unlike Southend on Saturday. I had the pleasure of speaking to him on several occasions when my then young son liked to watch training and always found him to very affable and likeable guy.
Strangely enough my wife only asked me if I knew of his well being recently as she also used to take my son to watch training. Her memories are slightly different and more of his booming voice and colourful language although she does say he always made a point of apologizing if she heard him swear at all but he does need to push some players to work harder.

I was lucky enough to meet Theo on several occasions and it was a privalige as he was a top coach who had great experience at Arsenal. Amusingly his language could often be rather choice but he would always apologise if my wife or young son was with me. Thanks for the memories Theo. RIP

But that first season together was a lot of fun. Went off a cliff in their second season. Didn't Theo get suspended by Jobson after the 3-0 defeat at Man City?

Yes told him he should have controlled Whelan during the match who I believe had been sent off

Back