• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
Been a bit busy today so have been out of touch but have just seen that Aldershot have gone into admin.

I know there are some on here who will probably not shed too much of a tear after Floodlightgate but I, for one, will wish them well and hope they survive as one football fan to another; for we true football fans our clubs mean so much to us and I know how I would feel.

All clubs at our level, and slightly above tread a very narrow tightrope, I know we have our problems and we all have opinions, some very strong, on how our club is run but thankfully we've not quite got to the end of the road, yet.......

So, from me, good luck Shots.

Totally agree Cockle43,no matter how we feel about floodlightgate,as a true football fan i never like to read about clubs going into administration, I wish them and their supporters well.

On a slightly different tack but still in the same vein, Stockport have slipped out of the Conference. Not so long ago they were a Championship outfit. Without Luggy in his first season, we could have slipped into the Conference, and that is one hell of a league to climb out of. Ask Kidderminster after their amazing run.

The JPT has bank rolled us this season; we still aren't financially secure.......by a long way; so I can't take any happiness in any other clubs demise although there is a little karma with the "shots".

Agree with the view that we could have been in the same boat ...... and I do feel sorry for the majority of the Aldershot fans. So they have some fans who are a little unpleasant .......... hhhmmm, a bit like Southend then ......:sad:

I am also keeping an eye on Coventry and their dispute with the owners of the ground where they rent the pitch ..... quite a strange situation and it could have ramifications for us if the ownership of Roots Hall becomes detached from the man (or people) running/owning the club.

Aldershot might not be allowed in the Conference. The Conference have very strict rules about clubs in Financial trouble. They could now find themselves in the Conference South or even lower than that.

Aldershot might not be allowed in the Conference. The Conference have very strict rules about clubs in Financial trouble. They could now find themselves in the Conference South or even lower than that.

Oh dear, that would be an even bigger shame...

The Conference rules, in my opinion, aren't that strict - just fair. Clubs in administration must agree to pay 100% of all creditors debts within three years. If affected clubs or won't agree to that, the Conference take the view that they aren't being run properly so don't want them in their leagues.

It's easy to laugh or make spiteful little comments about Aldershot Town, but things like that tend to bite you on the backside. Whilst I don't feel particularly sorry for them, I wish them well. A club like them going under could well mean another generation of kids in and around that area lost to Sky and the hype with no substance that is the Premier League. Which is no good for anyone.

Interesting to see Wolves down in League One as well, due in no small part to the incompetence of their Chairman Steve Morgan - one of the few Chairmen I wouldn't swap Ronnie Boy for, despite his millions.

Interesting to see Wolves down in League One as well, due in no small part to the incompetence of their Chairman Steve Morgan - one of the few Chairmen I wouldn't swap Ronnie Boy for, despite his millions.
The lot at Blackburn and past regimes at Rangers will take some beating for incompetence or dodgy dealing. Some of it is very much Anton Johnson.ish.

Obviously I don't know the in's and outs of Aldershot's finances but if they were gambling to stay in the league then I don't feel particularly sorry for them, having re-formed and fought there way back into the league you would think they would be making sure that doesn't happen again. I thought the wage cap was supposed to stop clubs over stretching themselves clearly that isn't working?

The fans have seen there club go bust once and I don't think anyone would wish that on them again so I do hope they sort it out.

I personally believe they did nothing to make sure the lights came back on that day and for that their staff are tainted. I strongly believe that what goes around comes around and they are getting it back now. Where it will end I am not sure but I'm enjoying it right now. Our total last season would have won the Championship this year. We shouldnt have been in League 2 this season and I hold Aldershot personally responsible for that. Tin pot club with large sections of horrible fans. I vowed never to go to Aldershot again and now I dont have to :)

There was a lot of resentment from the few Aldershot fans on the Zone when I called their club "non-league and tin-pot".

I feel vindicated now.

Back