• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is a lesson to be learned from tonight for tomorrow

And it is that we should not sit back and let them come at us, we should take the game to them, and even if we go 1-0 up we should still attack. Only defend a lead in the last 5 mins.

Carlisle sat back and paid the price.

We should not make the same mistake.

UTB:support:

And it is that we should not sit back and let them come at us, we should take the game to them, and even if we go 1-0 up we should still attack. Only defend a lead in the last 5 mins.

To be fair, I don't think we would. Home sides have generally not done too well this year, so we have to hope this nervousness continues amongst them tomorrow.

AGREED

Also play football and pass pass PASS. Please dont give up and resort to the long balls, Barney and Walker can't do anything with them, just keep passing around and an opportunity will open up!

I think you're the team we like playing. We hate teams who sit back and bash us about a lot and play the long ball. We'll see tomorrow though.

I think you're the team we like playing. We hate teams who sit back and bash us about a lot and play the long ball. We'll see tomorrow though.

That may well be true - but it cuts both ways my Yorkie friend - we play far better against footballing teams - it's the kick em high and kick em hard ones we have problems with!!... 7-7 scoreline anyone?

This is what I'm afrais of, having seen us do it so many times this season and either lose our lead (Millwall), draw (Swansea, Forest etc.) or hold onto it by the skin of our teeth (lost count). We tend to sit back or get complacent after going one up. Tilly should take on the role of Barry Fry and tell them that he wants goals, goals and more goals. The best form of defence is attack. I don't want to see us easing off one bit till we have 3 goals :p

Tonight will be a very different game, the problem Carlisle had was to decide whether to defend a lead or attack and the indecision caused their defeat, tonight neither team has that problem, so both will go out on attack.

I dont think its always in your hands whether to sit back or not. If the opposition are playing well and attacking its often the only option.

Whilst we both need to win we also both know we cant concede so that could cancel out the attacking nature. Hopefully not.

Will be a tight game, a mistake or a bit of brilliance will settle it, I'm still convinced it will go all the way to pens.

nor mine, went to pens in our Conf semi with Chester, it was a very long match, and the tension........

nor mine, went to pens in our Conf semi with Chester, it was a very long match, and the tension........

No, it was bad enough at Chester. JPT isn't too bad at pens but in a play off it is hell. Please NO. That was my first ever away game and it was a great day out but the tension's awful.

There isn't much riding on the JPT, whereas a playoff semi is do or die. Don't forget we missed the first, then got the next 4, they missed two.

To be fair, I don't think we would. Home sides have generally not done too well this year, so we have to hope this nervousness continues amongst them tomorrow.

I know, hasn't it been bizarre, just two home wins I think, one in league 2, and Hull smashing Watford!!

OUr 0-0 draw at home has been one of the best home results!!

Tonight will be a very different game, the problem Carlisle had was to decide whether to defend a lead or attack and the indecision caused their defeat, tonight neither team has that problem, so both will go out on attack.

That's very true, I feel it's crucial for us to put some pressure on Donny tonight by pushing on and passing with confidence. From what I have seen of us this season, the way we line up is not suited for sitting back.

They will be under pressure to perform being at home and with the carrot of a derby at Wembley, hopefully if we do push on and get the all important first goal their nerves will start to show......

Back