• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Reading the Ben Clarkson Twitter thread I have come up with the idea of this thread, just for some light entertainment and to realise that it has actually been worse and more farcical at our beloved club.

Please post some of the sublime and ridiculous things that have happened @ the Hall over the years, I will kick off with a couple :raspberry:

* Harchester United filming on the hallowed turf with fans staying behind, players falling over etc

* Comedian Terry Alderton actually being signed up as a back up goalkeeper for the first team on the strength of playing in a charity match.

* Running out of fax paper before we signed someone from Swansea and missing the transfer window.

* Signing Michael Ricketts despite the fact he was the size of a dump truck.

Signing a professional actor to play right wing.

The whole David Roche saga (arrested during a home game for stabbing someone and was then shot in the knee)

Starting the second half of a game with mine men as Andy Rammell was changing a contact lense and Phil Gridelet refused to not be the last person out of the tunnel.

Playing an away match in the home team's away kit because the ref decided both our kits clashed with their home kit. I think it was Barnsley, but can't be sure.

Darryl getting plastered in front of the new manager, getting released, then re-signed when the manager realised Emberson was crap.

* Joroen Bore being sent off for an incident that Leo Roget commited (IIRC)

Other way round. The ref was Steve Bennett.

He was in the process of booking Leo Roget out by the touch line in front of the West stand whilst there was a bit of argy bargy in the area whilst the players got ready for the resulting free kick. Bennett and Roget jogged into the area together whilst the linesman on the other side was waving his flag like a madman. Bennett then carried on jogging all the way over to the linesman. By this time Roget had taken his place in the penalty area. After speaking to his linesman Bennett then went over to Roget, and showed him a second yellow card, and the subsequent red.

How he managed to mistake Jeroen Boere:

boere2.jpg

For Leo Roget:

Roget.jpg

still puzzles me.

* Printing Eastwood's name in the programme as 'Fredy' because that's how it said it was spelt. He then changed his mind a few weeks later and it was changed to 'Freddy'.

* Freddy Eastwood - and all of the amazing stories that came with him. Fly tipping, exercising his horses on the A127, terrorising James Lawson. The list goes on.

Back