• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They're watching you....

MK Shrimper

Striker
So I comment on a thread about camper vans by Mad Cyril, i log onto Facebook and what do I see? Adverts for hiring camper vans.....:unsure:

Read recently that Facebook are going to start analysing how much time you spend on different pages as well, so if you spend a bit of time stalking someone on Facebook then their posts will be more likely to come up on your news feed. Makes it all a little bit more 1984.

They may be watching, but they are incredibly stupid. If I book a hotel in a particular town, for the next few days I am bombarded with adverts for more establishments in the same place. What I really want are adverts for hotels for the next place I am going visit.

They may be watching, but they are incredibly stupid. If I book a hotel in a particular town, for the next few days I am bombarded with adverts for more establishments in the same place. What I really want are adverts for hotels for the next place I am going visit.

Yes! I looked for hotels for stays in Yorkshire season before last on Laterooms.com and I'm still getting offers come through for the area!

I am more ****ed off at all the funeral plan adverts and emails I seem to be getting though! :'(

Yes! I looked for hotels for stays in Yorkshire season before last on Laterooms.com and I'm still getting offers come through for the area!

I am more ****ed off at all the funeral plan adverts and emails I seem to be getting though! :'(

Funeral plans, alcoholism abuse help....I hear ya.

Was doing some research on Facebook's mobile advertising programmes for a feature I was writing a few months back, and they claim to have essentially cracked consumer behaviour to such an extent that, by linking your typical online behaviour alongside searches you make on all of your devices (desktop, mobile, tablet etc), they can create a "persona" for you which also takes into account non-online advertising. They can basically prove what adverts - be they online, on a bus or on the TV - work for you and at what time. They're making an absolute killing flogging this idea to advertisers.

It's your age Nan:hilarious:

Back