• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that annoy you

J

The Chameleon
people that don't give way

commuters who feel the need to shout on trains down their phone

tony blair

sandwiches with butter (but toast is fine)

continental breakfast

business class seats on an airline that don't have screens (
mad.gif
)

wayne gray..

people who are gay and proud

money grabbers

people with a monotone

the people i sit with at football

the spread, (it's too busy)

funny comedies that aren't allowed to be showed for pc reasons

the simpsons

restaurants with toilets down and up stairs

curry without rice

newcastle brown

quavers

fake clothing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:57)]sandwiches with butter
continental breakfast
the spread
the simpsons
curry without rice
quavers
Now't wrong with any of the above.  To add my tuppen'orth:

* The use of "less" when it should be "fewer".

* Bad grammar and syntax generally, such as scattergun apostrophes.

* text spk, wch iz def nt great!

* Bigotry and intolerance.

* Flat tyres on my bike.

* Inconsiderate drivers when I'm on my bike.

* Foxtons, and in particular their abject failure to sell my house.

* War, famine, disease.  They suck.

* Reality TV shows (esp. Big Brother post-Jade).

* People famous for being famous / infamous (e.g. Paris Hilton, Jade Goody).

* Col******r United, especially their current league position.

* Bitter that hasn't been kept properly, and/or when your pint is the end of the barrel... bleurgh!

That'll do for now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:57)]sandwiches with butter (but toast is fine)

continental breakfast

wayne gray..

people with a monotone

the spread, (it's too busy)

funny comedies that aren't allowed to be showed for pc reasons

the simpsons

restaurants with toilets down and up stairs

curry without rice

newcastle brown

quavers
I'm fine with all of the above. Cheers.

As a driver..

Women doing their make-up whilst driving..

People that dont indicate..

People that use two lanes to go round round-abouts..

Rubber-neckers

People driving at 20mph in a 40mph zone.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Sep. 19 2006,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:57)]newcastle brown
I'm fine with all of the above. Cheers.
You've always been one for the Brooon Ale, Jacozinho, haven't you...

biggrin.gif

Smiffy - good call re rubber-neckers... argh!

Matt

Mine all relate to commuting at the moment.

* Ticket conductor waking me up to check my ticket when I cant get out the station without going through a barrier.

* People who put bags on seats and the groan when I want to sit down.

* The fact that I pay £310 pcm to commute from Brighton to London and yet I only get a seat 80% of the time and I cant get a train in either direction after 11pm.

* The fact no-one on the underground seems to speak English

* Ticket collectors that rate themselves as the nuts.

* People on the train that think they are Richard Branson because they take a work call on the train.

* People with annoying ringtones on the train

* People who have inappropriate chats,arguements etc when I am trying to sleep.

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

On the commuting front, death is too good for the following:

- idiots who stand on the wrong side of the escalators
- idiots with those annoying suitcases on wheels
- idiots who in their eagerness to get on the tube won't let anyone off

The sooner a punitive congestion charge is introduced to stop these fools the better. I would suggest £1,000 a day should be a minimum and they should count theirselves lucky that there isn't capital punishment in this country, as if there was they would be first ones to get a seat for sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Sep. 19 2006,14:36)]CSJ

mad.gif
and i was gonna put you as one of my fabourite posters..

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 19 2006,14:43)]- idiots who in their eagerness to get on the tube won't let anyone off
I walk straight through those people when I'm getting off the tube. Rather rude maybe, but no less rude than they are being. Of course, this 'policy' of mine is likely to end in tears at some point. Most probably mine.

Kids who play music through their mobile phones and don't listen via headphones are annoying as well. Especially as they always listen to crap music.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Sep. 19 2006,14:51)]Kids who play music through their mobile phones and don't listen via headphones are annoying as well. Especially as they always listen to crap music.
Christ, yes! That should be enough for the death penalty.

I wouldn't mind, but for two things:

1, They always play sh!t R'n'B.

2, Music is not meant to sound like you've trapped a band of performing elves under a tin bucket and asked them to play their entire back catalogue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Sep. 19 2006,14:51)]Kids who play music through their mobile phones and don't listen via headphones are annoying as well. Especially as they always listen to crap music.
Bingo. that was the only one that seemed appropriate as I was reading through.

I can agree with two of HKB's posts but the noe about suitcases on wheels I'm not so sure. For a non-driver like myself, it's how I get on holiday although I would never do it in rush hour

Call centres.

Automated telephone queueing systems.

Salesmen with chunky gold bracelets and starched white collars and a big flash watch.

Barbie doll Jodie Marsh wannabes from Basildon.

Chavs who speak a strange jamaicaan accent.

Chavs.

Warm Newcastle Brown Ale.

Madras that is about as spicy as HP brown sauce.

PC World and their F&*%^ng useless computers/sales.

Arriva Bus company.

John Wayne films. In fact any american *bravo heroes* films.

Oxbridge investment bankers.... tw&ts.

lack of cutting edge television.

lack of investment in British Film industry.

America tag graffiti.

hard boys who smash up bus stops/ telephone boxes.

4x4 drivers who take their kids to school.

4x4 drivers.

Moped lads (they think they're bad, when you hit 'em they tell their dads)

Muslims/foreigners burning flags and screaming hysterically.

Muslims/foreigners after an earthquake pleading for help.

look I could go on, I'm like an objective person and most things annoy me, I should be in Tibet with a nice cup of yak tea humming all day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Sep. 19 2006,14:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 19 2006,14:43)]- idiots who in their eagerness to get on the tube won't let anyone off
I walk straight through those people when I'm getting off the tube. Rather rude maybe, but no less rude than they are being. Of course, this 'policy' of mine is likely to end in tears at some point. Most probably mine.
I find stopping and staring in disbelief at their stupidity with a look of contempt in your eyes normally makes them move. If you time it right on a busy train you can be held up long enough that you just have time to get off, but they don't have time to get on.

The alternative is to drop the shoulder. The trick here is to try and knock them out of the queue to get on. If you are the only person getting off a full carriage a nudge to the side can allow two people to get on ahead of them, consigning them to the next tube.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 19 2006,15:06)]
[b said:
Bingo.  that was the only one that seemed appropriate as I was reading through.

I can agree with two of HKB's posts but the noe about suitcases on wheels I'm not so sure.  For a non-driver like myself, it's how I get on holiday although I would never do it in rush hour
Its not so much the big suitcases (although they should be banned during rush hour), its those little carry-on/travel cases on wheels that really annoy me.

PICK THEM UP AND CARRY THEM. ITS NOT HEAVY YOU ARE JUST LAZY OR UNFIT.

AND DON'T WHATEVER YOU DO STOP AT THE TOP OF THE ESCALATOR TO SORT THE HANDLE OUT.

JUST GET OUT OF MY WAY AND STOP TRIPPING ME UP WITH THEM.

*and breathes*

I hate thosmall suitcases being dragged behind their owners. you let the people walk in front of you as you are hurrying tho the station and not notice the suitcases until it's too late.

The idiots who stand still as soon as they get on the station platform at every underground stop. WALK DOWN THE PLATFORM! Why crowd on one eighth of the platform when the rest is free?!

tourists at liverpool street station who come upout of the underground and stop to stare at the departures board.

the chav in a silver mondeo following me down prittlewell chase after the sheffield wednesday. he swore at the ambulance as it tried to get past. what a moron.

morons who think that it is a good idea to try and start a fight with doormen. it ain't big it ain't clever, and chances are you will lose.

Trick or treating
End of season school proms - they've even started at junior school now
Year 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc - What the FRUCK
rock.gif
?
McDonalds - who actually eats that crap ?
People that wear sunglasses on their head in any weather but worst of all when there's no chance of any sun
Women that walk around with sale labels stuck to the soles of their new (or worse old) shoes
Designer clothing
Stick thin models
Drugs
Glorification of drugs
Glorification of homosexuality (but I don't want to re-open the old debate)
Too many prats on TV to list but we'll start off with Graham Norton
Camp Bling
4x4s without a trace of mud on them
Middle lane motorway drivers
People that won't get out of my friggin' way on the road
Mobile phone users in cars - there are so many hands free options so I'd make the fine £150 instant
Beauty product advertising - natural liposomes or whatever the buzzword of the week is

There'll be much more later

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 19 2006,17:24)]Trick or treating
End of season school proms - they've even started at junior school now
Year 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc - What the FRUCK
rock.gif
?
McDonalds - who actually eats that crap ?
People that wear sunglasses on their head in any weather but worst of all when there's no chance of any sun
Women that walk around with sale labels stuck to the soles of their new (or worse old) shoes
Designer clothing
Stick thin models
Drugs
Glorification of drugs
Glorification of homosexuality (but I don't want to re-open the old debate)
Too many prats on TV to list but we'll start off with Graham Norton
Camp Bling
4x4s without a trace of mud on them
Middle lane motorway drivers
People that won't get out of my friggin' way on the road
Mobile phone users in cars - there are so many hands free options so I'd make the fine £150 instant
Beauty product advertising - natural liposomes or whatever the buzzword of the week is

There'll be much more later
*notes with concern that his head nodded in agreement at most of those*

ghostface.gif

Older People who think all youngsters today are hoody wearing hooligans who care about nothing but causing trouble

Championship football fans who think their side have a divine right to stick 8 goals past teams like Southend and Col Ewe

My Boss

Formula 1

Illegal Immigrants

R n B

James Blunt

Home and Away

Rough/ugly birds who walk around thinking they are drop dead gorgeous

I'm sure i will think of some more put up later !
cool.gif

Back