• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This coming Saturday

Don't worry guys, Ron's called a zoom call, no need to protest now. ****ing pathetic.
As per the other thread the Zoom call is part of the agreed regular calls, and the timing is due to a request to reschedule by us, not Ron? So why persist saying the timing of the call is down to Ron when OBL and others have explained why it’s not?
As I have said do both. I am not for one against a protest at all.

As per the other thread the Zoom call is part of the agreed regular calls, and the timing is due to a request to reschedule by us, not Ron? So why persist saying the timing of the call is down to Ron when OBL and others have explained why it’s not?
As I have said do both. I am not for one against a protest at all.

The bi-weekly calls that haven't happened for 7 weeks yeah?

we gave Vic Jobson hell at home, so much aimed at him from 3 sides of the ground …...must have been a horrible feeling sitting there listening to your name being abused, maybe Ron needs the same treatment if we are allowed back in the ground
We did indeed, seems like so long ago now then again it’s been 25 years or so!

The bi-weekly calls that haven't happened for 7 weeks yeah?
That might be but it is us, not Ron, who has sought to re-arrange to the current date. Both parties have to agree to the call timing and in this instance the current timing is due to supporter group(s) postponing. And now it is being suggested that the supporter groups should put back again.

Ron should have the calls in the required timeframe and so should the supporter groups. If the latter postpone and delay then it undermines valid criticism of Ron for not holding the calls when promised.

That might be but it is us, not Ron, who has sought to re-arrange to the current date. Both parties have to agree to the call timing and in this instance the current timing is due to supporter group(s) postponing. And now it is being suggested that the supporter groups should put back again.

Ron should have the calls in the required timeframe and so should the supporter groups. If the latter postpone and delay then it undermines valid criticism of Ron for not holding the calls when promised.

If that's the case why have you not felt the need for a meeting in 7 weeks?

No one needs to, that's what will happen.
The call is going ahead. The protest is going ahead.

I get your view comes from what has happened in the past but having a pop at everyone for something that hasn't happened yet just helps nobody.

The call is going ahead. The protest is going ahead.

I get your view comes from what has happened in the past but having a pop at everyone for something that hasn't happened yet just helps nobody.

If everyone's willing to listen to Ron's crap time and time again then so be it. If you believe it then more fool you.

We did indeed, seems like so long ago now then again it’s been 25 years or so!

wow 25 years seems like only yesterday,remember the home game with Ip**** and their fans come on the pitch and joined in as well giving Jobson grief
I hope this can make a difference again and we can get settled down as a club before the next campaign starts …..but I just can't hold my breath on this one

wow 25 years seems like only yesterday,remember the home game with Ip**** and their fans come on the pitch and joined in as well giving Jobson grief
I hope this can make a difference again and we can get settled down as a club before the next campaign starts …..but I just can't hold my breath on this one

My first game. Remember it being pretty exciting, mind you I was only 8 at the time.

If that's the case why have you not felt the need for a meeting in 7 weeks?
I am not someone invited. If I were I would very much feel the need. All parties should be pushing to deliver the meetings to the agreed schedule- and that also means avoiding re-arranging or undermining that schedule.

Guys and girls- I have got a banner made up with "BLM" and blues lives matter at the bottom with a blue background instead of the original black and a blue and yellow fist in the middle.

Do you think the old bill may get funny about it?.

Is anyone on here going to be offended by it?.

Guys and girls- I have got a banner made up with "BLM" and blues lives matter at the bottom with a blue background instead of the original black and a blue and yellow fist in the middle.

Do you think the old bill may get funny about it?.

Is anyone on here going to be offended by it?.

Bad idea. Can easily be misinterpreted. Blues fans aren't being discriminated against because of their colour or racial group. They aren't being killed by the police in disproportionate numbers - the latest to hit the headlines is ex footballer Dallian Atkinson. Those who have rubbished BLM have by and large been right wing in their political views. This should be an apolitical protest, left, right, centre and none at all.

Please don't take it to the protest.

Back