• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This coming Saturday

Bad idea. Can easily be misinterpreted. Blues fans aren't being discriminated against because of their colour or racial group. They aren't being killed by the police in disproportionate numbers - the latest to hit the headlines is ex footballer Dallian Atkinson. Those who have rubbished BLM have by and large been right wing in their political views. This should be an apolitical protest, left, right, centre and none at all.

Please don't take it to the protest.

In all seriousness I second this.

Bad idea. Can easily be misinterpreted. Blues fans aren't being discriminated against because of their colour or racial group. They aren't being killed by the police in disproportionate numbers - the latest to hit the headlines is ex footballer Dallian Atkinson. Those who have rubbished BLM have by and large been right wing in their political views. This should be an apolitical protest, left, right, centre and none at all.

Please don't take it to the protest.
I have decided its coming with me, Mrs Walnuts works for the French Guanyin high commission in London so any agg she can show her ID.

I’d never do that bud, used to drink the old red stripe back in the day so am pretty cultured as is the Mrs with her job. The police will be told as and when.

I was just saying, perosnally I would avoid anything that refers to BLM, that is a very hot potatoe
No such thing as bad publicity fella. The wife and I have discussed it at length and we will be displaying with pride our BLM flag. You’ll see us there with it so if you have an issue come along, meet us both and in sure you’ll be onside afterwards:

No such thing as bad publicity fella. The wife and I have discussed it at length and we will be displaying with pride our BLM flag. You’ll see us there with it so if you have an issue come along, meet us both and in sure you’ll be onside afterwards:
Didnt say I had an issue with it just said i would avoid it as it is a hot potato in many aspects.

Didnt say I had an issue with it just said i would avoid it as it is a hot potato in many aspects.
Fair enough, the Mrs has baked some scones for Saturday anyway so feel free to pop along and say hello fella; would be good to put a face to some of my fellow zoners.

Weather forecast looks shocking on Saturday, until mid afternoon?. Just hope it doesn't deter some fans from making an appearance, everyone must have an umbrella?.

Thanks mate, I’m sure my fella shrimpers will be fine with it especially those who know me and Mrs W.

I understand that it's a jokey play on words and done with the best intentions but if I was black I'm not sure that I'd see the funny side. We have several black players who may not get the joke either. Just saying.

I understand that it's a jokey play on words and done with the best intentions but if I was black I'm not sure that I'd see the funny side. We have several black players who may not get the joke either. Just saying.
I’ve got a few black people who i work with so maybe I’ll take one of them, and the Mrs eith her work ID and we’ll be good I’m sure of it.

thanks for the concern though young man.

Back