• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is England '86

Davros

The Whippet
Anyone else been watching this?

As much as i like the original film, this hasnt really hit the spot for me. Its kind of good, but i cant help thinking that whoever has written it has watched a few to many episodes of Skins.

I'm watching it and thought yesterdays episode was much better than last weeks, but i know waht you mean. Still enjoying it though.

A must see for me. I think it's absolutely brilliant, even as you say, a bit "Skins"-lite, but my god 1986 was bleak. Quite amazed that Milky survived the beating that Combo gave him in 1982.

Last edited:
I've been watching it, but found the film much better. I thought they were more interesting as skinheads. I keep watching it tho, in hope it will get better. I thought the toy boy Dynasty shag was funny, but the rest has not quite hit the mark.

Yeah I'm watching that, it's looking to much like the average teen programmes like Skins as you said mate. Can't beat the film though no matter how hard anyone tries, but it's looking pretty good when you get into it.

Great episode last night, if not very tough viewing at the end.

The motorcycle gang fight cracked me up!

The end was tough viewing last night, maybe combo will give lol's dad a good beating next week, it's the final episode.

I have to say that the lead casual on the FSIE (flip) is the funniest character in the show, has me in stitches.

Last edited:
The end was tough viewing last night, maybe combo will give lol's dad a good beating next week, it's the final episode.

I have to say that the lead casual on the FSIE (flip) is the funniest character in the show, has me in stitches.

yeh and combo gets a good beating after as well, racist pig that he is.

We have one of those bikes at our yard at the moment. Seeing it sent me straight back to my youth. I really hope the owner comes back for it as I would hate to see it crushed. It's in great condition for its age.

I have enjoyed this up to now, but its nowhere near as good as the original film .. the first episode (ie 25% of the series) was taken up reintroducing the characters and as i made a point of watching the film again before the series i felt i didn't really need that

Still miles better than anything else on at the moment (as pointed out ^^^) which i think is more a reflection on current TV than anything else

Last episode next week!? Dissapointing as they could have done so much more with this! I dont know if they are setting it up for another film!?

We have one of those bikes at our yard at the moment. Seeing it sent me straight back to my youth. I really hope the owner comes back for it as I would hate to see it crushed. It's in great condition for its age.

An FSIE ??? I'll take it off your hands !!!

Seriously though, thy are really sought after now if its in half decent nick it could be worth quite a bit......

An FSIE ??? I'll take it off your hands !!!

Seriously though, thy are really sought after now if its in half decent nick it could be worth quite a bit......

A 16year old riding round on a FSIE would have a whale of a time, mine used to bomb along at 60mph

Back