• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those office workers...

Food in Canary Wharf typically costs a small fortune so I bring my own luncheon wherever possible.

Today I had home made tuna and tabasco rolls and various pieces of fruit.

I sometimes nip out to Tai Won Mein in Greenwich for noodles.

Two sandwiches, chicken breast on Hovis Seed Sensations bread topped with salad cream and salad. Plus a pear and an apple & grape snack pack.

I pine for the pre-credit crunch days when it used to be off to Coopers in Tindal St, Chelmsford (the best sandwich shop in the world) for a Coronation Chicken monster which took the word doorstop to a whole new level.

Subway at the Bus Station in Chelmsford is always good for a spot of lunch, as is Domino Pizza just round the corner.

Mostly a Boots meal deal. Usually the Hoisin duck, with the Choclate rumblers yoghurt and a tin of pop, or Relentless Berry if im feeling tired, sometimes a smoothie if im feeling like i need to be healthy

I'm thinking of sticking a George Forman on my desk and knocking up burgers and king ribs.

A few Magic Trees or Feu Oranges should mask the smell.

:stunned: That is disappointing from a gastro as you, i was expecting you of all people to be bringing your own food in.
:nope:
And I hope the animals used in the making of this treat were reared to at least RSPCA Freedom Food standard, however being that conglomorate WalMart sorry Asda I doubt it. :soapbox:

Sorry I know I let you down but I've always been incredibly lazy in making sandwiches before I go in to work.

I'll plant a tree every time I buy an Asda sandwich I promise.

Sorry I know I let you down but I've always been incredibly lazy in making sandwiches before I go in to work.

You must be getting something wrong MK. My wife makes my sandwiches the night before. Admittedly I do have to get them out of the fridge every morning, put a banana in and put the lid on the lunch box, but I dont mind, it saves getting the old girl out of bed too early.

Make my own sandwiches so I know whats actually in them, usually with some salad. Prepacked sandwiches have a horrificallly high salt and fat content, and usually taste sh*t anyway.

Exactly in those 5 minutes it takes to make a sandwich I do tend to have a bit of a bish bash bosh in bed.

Never have been one to make sarnies the night before, they always go soggy don't they? And it's no wonder then the kids don't eat them!

Had sweet chilli couscous from Morrisons today for a change, usually take in home made soup or nairn oat cakes and cheese plus plenty of fruit.

Never have been one to make sarnies the night before, they always go soggy don't they? And it's no wonder then the kids don't eat them!

Had sweet chilli couscous from Morrisons today for a change, usually take in home made soup or nairn oat cakes and cheese plus plenty of fruit.

they go soggy if you put cucumber in them. night kay. love you x

they go soggy if you put cucumber in them. night kay. love you x

Maybe that's the trouble, I can't abide plain sandwiches, they need to have a bit of salad or mayo based dressing even pickle, something to make them a bit more exciting. Give me a nice chicken supreme - chopped chicken, red pepper, celery and plenty of black pepper and mayo on a nice grainy bread and I'm happy.....made the night before it's an abomination.

Faux pas in my opinion, never put a banana in the same box as the sandwiches. It taints the flavour of the sandwich something silly!

Only for the journey to work, about 40 mins.

Surprisingly if you leave a Banana in a draw for a month it doesnt smell at all. It becomes a miniature black banana. I did this accidentally and thought it would have been really smelly.

Never have been one to make sarnies the night before, they always go soggy don't they? And it's no wonder then the kids don't eat them!.

Wrapped in foil and put in the fridge. Mine are always excellent and not knowing what youve got till you open them is good.

Depends - sometimes it's leftovers from night before, other times, it's home made tuna mayo. Today it was some pesto pasta.

Well, I normally go for ham, chicken, cucumber, mustard and salt & vinegar crisps in a sandwich. Tomato cup-a-soup, cup of tea and some cheese and onion crisps.

On a Friday, we go to the local golf club and I have a chicken burger, fries and a pint of fosters.

Lovely jubbly.

Back