• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three bands you wish you had got to see

Pubey

So, quite simple:

List 3 bands/artists/musicians you wish you could have seen. They could even be current bands, and you can indicate a particular tour/era/gig that you would have liked to have gone to.

1. At the Drive-In - 2001 - I had tickets for one of there last gigs but got grounded and wasn't allowed to go. Gutted ever since, and still haven't really forgiven my parents!
Reason: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=caEYU9_hAlo

2. Pink Floyd - 1980 (Earls Court) - My uncles obsess about this gig, and although perhaps seeing them earlier would have been magic, the set list of this gig is incredible
Reason: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv9wXMCvNHk&feature=related

3. Led Zeppelin - 1974 (San Francisco) - At their peak, in the blazing sun!
Reason: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6l4kXOBoL-M&feature=related

Stone Roses at Spike Island

Queen & U2 at Band Aid - saw it on telly, but not the same as being there. Of course would have had to endure Geldof and Duran Duran but I think it would have been worth it

Coldplay - I'm going to see them in March. Have they gone soft? Are they up their own a***s? We shall see...

1) Yes - any time to be honest so long as they include Roundabout and Owner of a lonely heart.

2) The Specials - Circa 1981 preferably without all the trouble makers.

3) The Beatles circa 1969/70 - I know its a cliche but I would've loved to hear all the stuff starting with Abbey road and going through their discography.

PS great thread topic!

Last edited:
1) Yes - around the mid 70's during the time of Roundabout and Owner of a broken heart especially.

3) The Beatles circa 1969/70 - I know its a cliche but I would've loved to hear all the stuff starting with Abbey road and going through their discography.

PS great thread topic!

Owner of a lonely heart was 80's. Seems to highlight the trade-off between a band when they were fresh and raw, and when when you'll see a gig full of hits

Owner of a lonely heart was 80's. Seems to highlight the trade-off between a band when they were fresh and raw, and when when you'll see a gig full of hits

Dammit, you replied far too quickly. I edited my post but got caught out.

1) Yes - any time to be honest so long as they include Roundabout and Owner of a lonely heart.

PS great thread topic!

Don't know how I stumbled on this song but it's brilliant.

The Jam.
The Sex Pistols.
The Clash.

In fact there are too many to list here!

Last edited:
My top three would be:

In First place - The Ramones.

Sorry about the obvious choice of song, but sometimes best to start at the beginning. The Ramones have been a constant companion of throughout my adult life.

Fell in love. Listened to the Ramones. Had my heart broken for the first time. Listened to the Ramones. Epic failures. Listened to the Ramones. Got drunk. Epic successes. Listened to the Ramones. Got drunk.

In Second place - Bauhaus.

Having seen the one off Specimen reunion last year, second place was easy. After the release of a new album last year, I had hoped there would be a tour, but alas they have now gone their seperate ways again.

In third Place Iron Monkey.

I was due to see them in Nottingham in 1999, but their singer Johnny Morrow was unfortunately killed in a van crash I believe.

Three albums of groove and enormous riff laden crushing sludge metal. The band many want to be, but few can touch.

The Jam.
The Sex Pistols.
The Clash.

In fact there are too many to list here!

I've seen two of them !!!

>>Gloat mode off<<

The Specials
Q Tips
Ramones

and strangely, I always wish I had gone to the the Mekons / Fall / Gang of Four gig at the Lyceum I saw advertised but was a bit short of cash at the time for....

I've seen two of them !!!

>>Gloat mode off<<

The Specials
Q Tips
Ramones

and strangely, I always wish I had gone to the the Mekons / Fall / Gang of Four gig at the Lyceum I saw advertised but was a bit short of cash at the time for....

Yeah but I couldn't go 'cos I was 5 years old at the time :D

Wasn't this done recently?

Anyway, I wish I had seen Oasis at the Cliffs, The Stone Roses, and I would have loved to have seen The Beatles, but I was far too young!

Wasn't this done recently?

Anyway, I wish I had seen Oasis at the Cliffs, The Stone Roses, and I would have loved to have seen The Beatles, but I was far too young!

'Twas indeed, but I have no idea what I put down so I'm going with:

Underworld - Glastonbury 1992. Played a solid 3 day set out of the back of their camper van in a field when they had just been signed. By all accounts it was awesome and became a mini stage all of its own.

Public Enemy - The tour when they first hit the UK. Looked like it would have been amazing...

Au Pairs - Just before the launch of album 2. I've seen the two above bands since so that makes amends, but these guys look likely to never play together again. One of my very favourite ever acts, they put most (post) punk bands to shame...

They are a few I haven't seen who I potentially still could (David Bowie and Stevie Wonder to name two) but of those who I certainly (well, almost certainly in the case of two of them) won't ever get to see....

The Smiths
The Jam
Elvis

Both The Smiths and The Jam COULD reform mate - highly doubtful, but it MIGHT happen.

Back