• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three bands you wish you had got to see

My sister saw Stevie Wonder in NZ. To say I'm jealous is an understatement.

I'd go for Notorious BIG, Lemonheads and Shed Seven

My three would be:

Queen with Freddy- seen Paul Rodgers and he is good, but I would have loved to have seen Freddy at Wembley in 1986.

Nirvana- they rocked

Elvis- I know thats not a band but someone I would have loved to have seen live!

The Beatles
The Stones
The Jam
The Stone Roses
The Clash
The Sex Pistols
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Elvis
Tim Buckley
Jeff Buckley
Solo John Lennon
The Jackson Five
The Temptations
The Supremes
Stevie Wonder
Led Zeppelin
Fleetwood Mac
Kate Bush
Buddy Holly
S_Club Seven. ;) :D

Far, far too many!

Napster - I saw Shed Seven at the Guildford Town hall in about 1997. Audio wise it was the best gig I have ever been to. Absolutely out of this world. What was more funny was going to the pub round the corner beforehand and they were all in there getting plastered!

And then they disappeared!

MissWestStand said:
My three would be:

Queen with Freddy- seen Paul Rodgers and he is good, but I would have loved to have seen Freddy at Wembley in 1986.
I was at the 1986 Wembley concert, and to this day, it remains the best gig I have ever seen.

R.E.M. (I keep missing them)
Bob Dylan
Depeche Mode (I reckon they'd be superb live. They're at the O2 soon, but I can't go)
The Beatles
Nirvana
Talking Heads

Saw them 'Lemonheads' a few 2/3 years ago, well Evan and 2 new members, at the Shepherd Bush Empire where they played 2 sets, the first the entirety of 'It's a Shame About Ray' then a greatest hits set. Awesome.

me I'd go for...

Joy Division - any gig really but maybe the 'les bains douche' paris show which was released as a live cd a few years back.

Bob Dylan - trade hall manchester, the gig where he went electric and got called 'judas'.

the Beta Band - never saw them live, wish i could go back and get a ticket for their farewell show at shepherds bush empire.

Saw them 'Lemonheads' a few 2/3 years ago, well Evan and 2 new members, at the Shepherd Bush Empire where they played 2 sets, the first the entirety of 'It's a Shame About Ray' then a greatest hits set. Awesome.

me I'd go for...

Joy Division - any gig really but maybe the 'les bains douche' paris show which was released as a live cd a few years back.

Bob Dylan - trade hall manchester, the gig where he went electric and got called 'judas'.

the Beta Band - never saw them live, wish i could go back and get a ticket for their farewell show at shepherds bush empire.

Saw Lemonheads just around 'Shame about ray'..they were pathetic, which was a shame, cos I really liked all thier earlier stuff. Think the drugs may have something to do with it tho.

1-2, a 1-2-3-4...

The Jam.
The Sex Pistols.
The Clash.

In fact there are too many to list here!

Saw The Clash loadsa times- from '77 to the dubious post-Mick line-up- they were awesome (not the post-Mick line-up); sorry, that's probably no consolation...

Saw The Clash loadsa times- from '77 to the dubious post-Mick line-up- they were awesome (not the post-Mick line-up); sorry, that's probably no consolation...

Not really. Never even saw the Mescalaro's either :( RIP Joe.

My sister saw Stevie Wonder in NZ. To say I'm jealous is an understatement.

Napster - I saw Shed Seven at the Guildford Town hall in about 1997. Audio wise it was the best gig I have ever been to. Absolutely out of this world. What was more funny was going to the pub round the corner beforehand and they were all in there getting plastered!

And then they disappeared!

I bumped into them in the pub a few times before gigs. First time I ended up chatting to them, not having a clue who they were until a mate afterwards said do you know who it was you were talking to. I didn't believe them until a few hours later and they were up on stage.

I think my three would be

Rolling Stones - suppose I could still see them, but I don't imagine it would be the same as when they were in their pomp.
Queen - supposed to have been fantastic live
James Brown - another reputed to have been a fantastic live act

Honourable mentions to loads of others including The Clash, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Smiths, Joy Division, The Small Faces, Beach Boys, Colours Between, The Stone Roses, Otis Redding (suppose technically that would be Booker T & the MGs), Johnny Cash, The Jam etc etc

Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles
Elvis
Cream (Saw them in 2005 but would have loved to have seen them in 1968 when they were all out of their tree on heroin, coke etc..)
Genesis (With Peter Gabriel)

Last edited:
The Cheeky Girls
Steps
S Club 7 juniors

Whatever else I do in life I will know that life isnt as bad as listening to the above bands live

Queen - Band Aid

The Prodigy - Summersonic 2008

Foo Fighters - Any!

Got to be Queen.

I am also a big Stevie Wonder fan and would love to see him live

The Osmonds, although I have been to some of their concerts would love to go to some more

Would have loved to see Elvis in his prime, and the Beatles, and the Mamas and the Papas.

Back