• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good move all round. Let’s hope they sign him on a permanent in the summer and that will remove one of those disastrous long term contract decisions off the books

Will it be a disastrous long term contract decision if we sell him though or even give him away ?
It will have meant that the period of his original contract has passed at a lesser wage than we would have paid him on the original deal. By moving him on early in the contract we have saved wages and made it easier to unload him as his wage demands would not have been as high.

I am a bit concerned that we are not looking to shore up the central defence...............

We have 5 central defenders, that position really isn't a priority.

I would argue we need a winger (as we only have 3, and I'm not including Wright) whereas we have 4 central midfielders (though one is injury prone!!)

Three in and two out leaves us with a light squad still and makes no impression on the previous losses of Bridge and Ranger. They make it five out and two in when we were already short on numbers. Could be good business but a few injuries/suspensions/losses of form and we will be digging deep into the youths.

Three in and two out leaves us with a light squad still and makes no impression on the previous losses of Bridge and Ranger. They make it five out and two in when we were already short on numbers. Could be good business but a few injuries/suspensions/losses of form and we will be digging deep into the youths.
Bridge rarely even made the bench, he hardly counts as a ‘loss’ and someone that needs to be replaced.

Add Lenny to the list of leavers, makes it 6 out.

I am a bit concerned that we are not looking to shore up the central defence...............

More changes in the defence? Our biggest issue by far this season is not having a settled back four. I can barely think of one game to the next when we've kept the same back four.

Powell has to choose his best defence and stick with it. Yes they looked shaky on Saturday but the more time they play together, that shakiness will go. They are all capable individually, they just need to be a unit.

More changes in the defence? Our biggest issue by far this season is not having a settled back four. I can barely think of one game to the next when we've kept the same back four.

Powell has to choose his best defence and stick with it. Yes they looked shaky on Saturday but the more time they play together, that shakiness will go. They are all capable individually, they just need to be a unit.

Agree with this. Also Turner, Kieran, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou are hardly the worst options to have assuming that Kieran is back soon as Brown said a while back

I agree with most of what you say and I know that you're not alone saying that the defence looked shaky against Scunthorpe but I actually thought that apart from Demi (who had a nightmare half hour) they played pretty well against a team that had scored 21 goals in 14 games away from home.

Turner and White won virtually everything in the air and Coker did well against the best player on the pitch imho.

100% agree however that SCP now needs to keep this back 4 together - injuries permitting.

Bridge rarely even made the bench, he hardly counts as a ‘loss’ and someone that needs to be replaced.

He was a statistic that showed when speaking about the size of our squad. He could have been called on if necessary and who knows, he may have been ok under CP?

Back