• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I said when we signed him Theo Robinson wouldn't cut it. Im up here in Scotland and having watched him for Motherwell his first touch was a tackle , he was quick but like a headless chicken

I'm taking a guess at Freddie Ladapo from Palace being one of them

Good age, good size, looks a good fit for the type of football Chrissy Powell wants us to play.

Questionable pedigree with the Col Ewe link but that was 4 years ago and you've surely got to love a Freddie who was at Grays and scored goals to get his side promoted to the Conference South.

If he's the guy hopefully he can do the business.

Ladapo looked good playing for Margate a couple of years back. Obviously went downhill at Colchester !

He came through our academy before he was at Margate, ironically he was with Southend as a youngster before that! He is one of these players who is powerful and looks like he is going to do well, but rarely does. He scored goals for fun at Margate but I think that is probably about his level unfortunately.

We have 5 central defenders, that position really isn't a priority.

I would argue we need a winger (as we only have 3, and I'm not including Wright) whereas we have 4 central midfielders (though one is injury prone!!)

Wright is another one who has got to start performing. At present he brings nothing to the game.

Wright is another one who has got to start performing. At present he brings nothing to the game.

Agreed. Mind you it's difficult to bring anything to a game when you're injured and not even in the squad.

Good age, good size, looks a good fit for the type of football Chrissy Powell wants us to play.

Questionable pedigree with the Col Ewe link but that was 4 years ago and you've surely got to love a Freddie who was at Grays and scored goals to get his side promoted to the Conference South.

If he's the guy hopefully he can do the business.

Yeah my thinking also. Out of contract in the summer as well so hopefully he can come in and impress enough for a deal in the summer.

Probably because Brown kept trying to turn him into Will Atkinson by playing him out wide. On the rare occasions he's played in the middle he's looked good.

Come people that’s 2 we found out now who is the midfielder!!!

Now showing as

Freddie Ladapo
Full Contact Player

Freddie Ladapo

Southend United

Striker

Nigerian

"On deadline day of the January 2018 window, Freddie transferred to League One club Southend United, signing a contract to run until the end of the season. "

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/player/freddie-ladapo/

Well done FarmdogSUFC who was the first to link him to us.

Back