• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thursday's Pub Quiz Week 2

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
1. Who played Ororo Munroe, a.k.a. Storm, in the 2000 film X-Men?

2. Which sport would you associate Toby Flood with?

3. For which 1908 novel is author Kenneth Grahame best known?

4. Which long-running children's TV show originally featured puppets called Sunshine and Moony?

5. Named after a character he played in a 1969 film, what is the name of the ski resort in Utah that Robert Redford bought in 1968?

6. With which snooker player would you associate the nickname the Hurricane?

7. Which group teamed up with Baddiel and Skinner for the 1996 number one hit "3 Lions"?

8. What was the name of Tintin's dog?

9. Who had a number one hit in 1962 with the song "Telstar"?

10. In which film does Nicole Kidman play a brain surgeon called Claire Lewicki?

Get a bonus point if you get the link, if there is one, too :D

Have to give the proper answers when I get home. About 6pm :D

1. Halle Berry
2. Rugby Union
3. Wind in the Willows
6. Alex Higgins
7. Lightning Seeds
8. Snowy
9. Tornados
10. Days Of Thunder

3) Wind in the Willows
6) Alex Higgins
7) The Lightning Seeds
9) The Tornadoes

Link is weather

Im far too slow. By the time I noticed the quiz was up, the only answer I knew was number 7 and I noticed the connection was the weather and also too slow for that too :( its no wonder I have to cheat at pub quizzes......

Gonna have to get some more difficult questions for you guys next week!

More difficult?! I couldnt even get more than one of these ones!! I reckon everyone cheats and uses Google anyway, its the only theory I have that so many people can have such a vast amount of random knowledge!

More difficult?! I couldnt even get more than one of these ones!! I reckon everyone cheats and uses Google anyway, its the only theory I have that so many people can have such a vast amount of random knowledge!

Right, ok then. As well as teaching the john's down the Spread on Saturday. I might have to do a mini pub quiz. £5 each to participate, and the winning's go to the Lady John Student Fund :D

Right, ok then. As well as teaching the john's down the Spread on Saturday. I might have to do a mini pub quiz. £5 each to participate, and the winning's go to the Lady John Student Fund :D

Yes and make sure that they dont use their phones to google the answers - Ive there are people that do that thesedays, what with all the modern technology available.......

I didn't cheat with my 4 answers either.
As my Mrs says, I am a fountain of useless & pointless trivia! Shame I don't contribute anything practical, blah, blah, blah!

Back