• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Every time this subject comes up some one recommends emailing the ticket office and asking them to call back...........and every time the answer is along the line off ' tried that - worked a treat-thanks'.

So we all know how to use the system to our advantage, but we choose not to do it :dim:

Although you are quite right, emailing them is probably the way forward, that is not how the system is meant to work. A lot of fans can't be bothered to find their email address. Lots won't be on forums like this and will only think of phoning. So it is basically a phone system that should sort out all your ticket needs, on the phone.

This may have been asked or answered before but does the club benefit the longer you are on the phone? I have regularly been stuck on the phone for ages in the top two and have given up on a few occassions and tried over the internet, also unsuccessfully at times, so good luck with it!

This may have been asked or answered before but does the club benefit the longer you are on the phone? I have regularly been stuck on the phone for ages in the top two and have given up on a few occassions and tried over the internet, also unsuccessfully at times, so good luck with it!

Yes it does.

They are just young lads starting out on their careers and I have never had a problem when I have visited the ticket office.

I am really glad that somebody has posted this. I phoned at 9.32am this morning and was told I was number one in the queue before the phone was finally answered at 9.47am. Absolutely **** poor. I told the kid that answered that I thought they had forgotten about manning the phones and was told that "we are always busy in the mornings" to then be told that my ticket request for my seat as per my season ticket in the upper south could not be processed as the upper south was closed. When I asked why this had not been told about in advance, he said that it was on the website. Yes upon checking it is but only as an afterthought at the bottom of the page advertising the game. Surely this should be prominant in the main body of the site?

It is a joke. I hate watching from any other part of the ground and stomped up my money to sit there at the start of the season. Surely it does not cost the club that much to open it for a match? As usual, the whole system at Southend is ****ed up and simply and utterly shows contempt for the fanbase.

I am really glad that somebody has posted this. I phoned at 9.32am this morning and was told I was number one in the queue before the phone was finally answered at 9.47am. Absolutely **** poor. I told the kid that answered that I thought they had forgotten about manning the phones and was told that "we are always busy in the mornings" to then be told that my ticket request for my seat as per my season ticket in the upper south could not be processed as the upper south was closed. When I asked why this had not been told about in advance, he said that it was on the website. Yes upon checking it is but only as an afterthought at the bottom of the page advertising the game. Surely this should be prominant in the main body of the site?

It is a joke. I hate watching from any other part of the ground and stomped up my money to sit there at the start of the season. Surely it does not cost the club that much to open it for a match? As usual, the whole system at Southend is ****ed up and simply and utterly shows contempt for the fanbase.

Don't know why you bother in that case:thumbdown:

It's been widely discussed on here though?

I will forward criticisms on this point to Steve Kavanagh...again *sigh*

This happens time and time again. Not sure reporting it ...again, will alter much.

Perhaps you could ask him exactly how much it costs to open the South Upper. Half a dozen stewards and the cost of cleaning afterwards ? Negligible .... and certainly not worth ****ing off season ticket holders for.

Perhaps you could ask him exactly how much it costs to open the South Upper. Half a dozen stewards and the cost of cleaning afterwards ? Negligible .... and certainly not worth ****ing off season ticket holders for.

It's not though, is it? If you open the South Upper then you have to have stewards in South Lower and of all the home stands, I think the South is least popular.

It's not though, is it? If you open the South Upper then you have to have stewards in South Lower and of all the home stands, I think the South is least popular.

South Upper is very popular --- the views and closeness to the pitch is un-rivalled.

(or are you trying to wind-up DWB ?)

South Upper is very popular --- the views and closeness to the pitch is un-rivalled.

(or are you trying to wind-up DWB ?)

Lol, no, I don't do that, just meant that numbers wise South is probably least popular.

It's been widely discussed on here though?

I will forward criticisms on this point to Steve Kavanagh...again *sigh*

Sigh? Not asking you to do anything, just making a point - which is what I thought forums were for? Sorry if I am dragging up something that has been discussed before but as only have 200+ posts to draw experience on as opposed to your 34,000+ I have not seen this on here before. Basically answering the phone is an essential part of any business and I would have thought that would have been obvious to anyone, let alone a supposed business looking to take money from people who wish to pay to watch games.

They must make money on the tea bar too, or isn't that part of SUFC?

Sigh? Not asking you to do anything, just making a point - which is what I thought forums were for? Sorry if I am dragging up something that has been discussed before but as only have 200+ posts to draw experience on as opposed to your 34,000+ I have not seen this on here before. Basically answering the phone is an essential part of any business and I would have thought that would have been obvious to anyone, let alone a supposed business looking to take money from people who wish to pay to watch games.

The *sigh* was because it is a subject that comes up often, and that the club seem unable to stop the situation happening. Wasn't aimed at you at all. Yours wasn't the ONLY criticism.

At the end of the day, the phone system is old and outdated. Sometimes if you're really lucky, whilst in the queue you can listen to details of tickets for a match against Millwall blooming years ago. There was a older lady in there a few years ago from Eastwood, she became the ticket office manager and things greatly improved. She took on all the difficult cases herself and tried her very best for you. She was let go in cutbacks.
Since then, the staff are getting younger and younger and can't cope with the broken system. As they haven't had enough life experience and some lack common sense, the system and staff are now letting down the fans. Clearly if you are waiting forever when number 1 or 2 in the queue, something is badly wrong.

At the end of the day, the phone system is old and outdated. Sometimes if you're really lucky, whilst in the queue you can listen to details of tickets for a match against Millwall blooming years ago. There was a older lady in there a few years ago from Eastwood, she became the ticket office manager and things greatly improved. She took on all the difficult cases herself and tried her very best for you. She was let go in cutbacks.
Since then, the staff are getting younger and younger and can't cope with the broken system. As they haven't had enough life experience and some lack common sense, the system and staff are now letting down the fans. Clearly if you are waiting forever when number 1 or 2 in the queue, something is badly wrong.

You're talking about Sue M.I believe (who I know personally).

She was exactly the sort of person the club should have kept on.

Back