• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket Sales V Grimsby

Joolz

Coach⭐
Just checked the on-line ticketing for the Grimsby match. West is nearly sold out, even some of the South Lower blocks are already full, and the East is business as usual.

Is there some kind of promotion going on or is the system bu**ered?

maybe it is because its a friday game and southend v grimsby games are usually entertaining, were in the past anyway.

I'd expect 6000+ for this game anyway. Presuming we get at least a point saturday.

Bring back memories when we used to play them in Championship Level and we got promotion together from 1990 to 1992 - but playing them away is something else ..... we seem to get thrashed there.

Grimsby is one of the team we should beat if we want to stay in the play-off. If we get at least a point at Yeovil, its would set up for this match with big crowd, if we win at Yeovil, the crowd would go nearer 6'500+

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Nov. 17 2004,13:59)]Just checked the on-line ticketing for the Grimsby match. West is nearly sold out, even some of the South Lower blocks are already full, and the East is business as usual.

Whatever Mr Rickard may think the Friday night games do seem to draw decent crowds and with this game coming towards the end of the month (i.e payday & Xmas bonus time for some) I'd expect the club to be looking for at least 6,000 for this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Nov. 17 2004,13:59)]Just checked the on-line ticketing for the Grimsby match. West is nearly sold out, even some of the South Lower blocks are already full, and the East is business as usual.

West nearly sold out ?

I'd say the latter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Nov. 17 2004,14:25)]Whatever Mr Rickard may think the Friday night games do seem to draw decent crowds and with this game coming towards the end of the month (i.e payday & Xmas bonus time for some) I'd expect the club to be looking for at least 6,000 for this one.
I think Mr R's gripe was the fact that the club changed a few dates AFTER he had purchased his season ticket and that because he can't attend these re-scheduled games (due to work commitments) he no longer makes a saving ... I can see his point. And, for the record, I always preferred Friday night games ...

WS

I was thinking about it before the Oxford game, that it was going to be our last home game on a Saturday until New Years Day! When was the last time we had so many games on a Friday!?

Personally, I don't think you can beat games on a Saturday afternoon. There's something more enjoyable about the build up, and when you have to drive 30 miles to get to the Hall like myself, you don't have to contend with that fecking rush hour traffic on the A127!

good spot there Joolz ive just had a look for myself and your right...

It seems according to seatbooker i may add that the west is around 80% full if not more, the RBS is around 95% full, the east is around 80% full, the south lower has two blocks sold out already and the south upper also has two blocks sold out with only a hundred or so left in the other blocks....

Strange, if thats anything to go by we have around 5500+ seats filled already!!!...  
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2004,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Nov. 17 2004,14:25)]Whatever Mr Rickard may think the Friday night games do seem to draw decent crowds and with this game coming towards the end of the month (i.e payday & Xmas bonus time for some) I'd expect the club to be looking for at least 6,000 for this one.
I think Mr R's gripe was the fact that the club changed a few dates AFTER he had purchased his season ticket and that because he can't attend these re-scheduled games (due to work commitments) he no longer makes a saving ... I can see his point. And, for the record, I always preferred Friday night games ...

WS
Surely these rearranged matches cant have come as a shock to Mr R, it's hardly unusual for teams to try and change Christmas games. And as for the other games well as its probably going to benefit the club then I am sure he understands. Still a great newsletter though.
wink.gif

"It has become almost tantamount to fraud"

That was a quote and a half from mr.newsletter man. Quality.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 17 2004,22:47)]"It has become almost tantamount to fraud"

laugh.gif
What has? Using the newsletter as a mouthpiece for his personal tedious campaign?

If the ground is nearly full for this game we could expect a 6,000 attendance announced by the club or they may even announce somewhere near to the real attendance for a change.
the 6,600 announced V luton was visibly incorrect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Nov. 17 2004,22:09)]If the ground is nearly full for this game we could expect a 6,000 attendance announced by the club or they may even announce somewhere near to the real attendance for a change.
the 6,600 announced V luton was visibly incorrect.
I disagree - Luton hardly had any fans, The west was 2/3rds full and the South Lower was a morgue!

For the record, i've heard that Friday night games have to be approved by both clubs and Southend ask ALL teams if they'd rather play on the friday. As you can see from the number of Friday games, only a few do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 17 2004,22:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 17 2004,22:47)]"It has become almost tantamount to fraud"

laugh.gif
What has? Using the newsletter as a mouthpiece for his personal tedious campaign?
Yeah i ranted a couple of weeks back about it as well. Gets a bit boring, dontcha fink ...

Kev

For what it's worth, I love the friday night games - mainly because I get to go out on the p**s afterwards. Saturdays I have to go home and look after the kids.

I have quite a few mates who always seem to come along Fridays but never Saturdays. Seems for everyone who can't make a Friday there is someone else who can.

Sorry to p.iss on your chips but all the tickets sold are for Grimsby fans. Their reasoning is that they'd rather be any f.ucking where other than Grimsby. And who can blame them?

wink.gif

Well done to Joolz whoever he/she/it is, have checked and they are going fast, esp. in the RBS. Checked Yeovil and penult. gane v Orient and same stoty there, so just booked all three.

What is going on? I can fathom the Yeovil one (last chance to see Maher get a yellow) but Grimsby?

Perhaps its Fredy fever.

Or Uncle Ron rembered the 1970's sugar shortage (my Aunty Lil still has a sideboard full) created by rumour and thought he'd do the same. Top marks for inginuity.

When do the tickets for V Arsenal in 2007/08 go on sale (or will it be v Leigh RMI?)?

Back