• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

Do you think someone ought to tell them that Steve n Paul aren't actually an "item"?

:unsure:

Spoke with a Seaguks fan at work today and there are about 5 rumours going around Brighton at present. T&B is indeed one of them but so too is Southgate as he apparently hails from Crawley, some 15 miles away. Favourite is Coppell followed by Gannon (?)

Spoke with a Seaguks fan at work today and there are about 5 rumours going around Brighton at present. T&B is indeed one of them but so too is Southgate as he apparently hails from Crawley, some 15 miles away. Favourite is Coppell followed by Gannon (?)

Southgate does indeed hail from Crawley but rumour-mill here suggests he'd not be interested.

Why do we have to be looking at League Two football?

I'm confident if we get the 10 points taken away tomorrow that we can still stay up.

With the current playing & management squad (especially when players return to fitness) and a 10 point deduction then maybe the great escape would be on, but administration means more than just the docked points. Expect a mass exodus of players - and the possibility of T&B having to go - due to cost cutting and I think you can write off any chance of survival.

I work with a Brighton fan who's pretty in the know, he's heard it's likely going to be Coppell or (and I recon this is a long shot) Curbishley.

I heard the same thing last night from a bloke in the pub.

Possibly with Dougie Freedman doing the job interim as he's signed until the summer.

Just spoke to my mate Brett who is MASSIVE Brighton fan. He thinks it is a load of crap and they offered job to Coppel on Monday who they expect to be in place for the weekend.
*Phew*

Just spoke to my mate Brett who is MASSIVE Brighton fan. He thinks it is a load of crap and they offered job to Coppel on Monday who they expect to be in place for the weekend.
*Phew*

This also ties in with something I read in the press at the start of the week. Apparently, Coppell would happily have stayed at Brighton when he was there last time, but the prospect of the new ground was too distant.

Now that it's looking likely to happen in the very near future (plus the fact that he's out of work!), he's interested again.

In the days when he posted a lot more CCC siders was always messing about and fishing

Looks like he's back on form and has caught a few whoppers here

I tell you what, this would be far, far, far more damaging to this football club than Administration. In fact I'd happily take Administration ahead of losing Tilly & Brush.

Err, but we're only likely to lose T&B if we do go into administration...

I don't think they'd go for Tilly when they could get Coppell for free too.

Can't see Tilly leaving us tbh.

In any case it seems that when we go into administration we may not be in administration for very long if this report is correct. It should be easier for the consortium to acquire the club from the administrators than Ron Martin (plus I would hope the consortium would state in their offer to the administrators that the deal is conditional on Tilson and Brush not being released from their contracts before any buy-out!).

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/theblues/4718365.Consortium_still_want_to_buy_club/

if we lost tilly if would be the biggest disarster ever. what other manager would put up with the **** that ron has thrown his way. tilly has clearly stayed for the love of the club and fans. how managers over managers would have walked years ago?

If Tilly and Brush left the club i would feel deflated and i wouldn't be able to bring myself to go to the next game, i would feel so low that i don' think i'd be interested in football that much, i'd still support them but it just wouldn't be the same. I hope to god that he doesn't go and there is a lingering thought in the back of my mind that he will do to the challenge and the prospect of a new stadium, something which hasn't come to light here. One thing that may draw him back is the track record of previous Brighton managers in that they don't seem to last very long. They've had 3 managers in 18 months.

Back