• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly getting the message ?

CC51DAS

President
Looks like Tilly's going along with the request I sent him yesterday ....

to the tune of God rest ye merry gentlemen .....

STEVE REST THAT FAIRY DEAN MORGAN
HE FILLS ME WITH DISMAY

PLEASE PICK SOMEONE WHO WANTS IT MORE
AND MAKE MY CHRISTMAS DAY

THEN SIGN SOME LADS IN JANUARY
WHO'LL EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY

OH BUY ME SOMEONE WHO'LL SCORE SOME GOALS
SCORE SOME GOALS

OH BUY ME SOMEONE WHO'LL SCORE SOME GOALS

:fart: - ITS CHRISTMAS

He's not getting the message about ****ing substitutions though is he. :confused:

Why substitute when your winning and on top of things?

He'll never ****ing learn.

Tilson OUT. :mad:

had he learnt the barrett and clarke message yet? definitely think it should be richards in for barrett, at least for the fa cup game if not sooner

Agreed...or go 5-3-2.

......................... COLLIS .............................

Hammell ... Barrett ... Richards ... Clarke ... Hunt

........Bailey ........ McCormack ........ Maher.......

...........Macdonald ........... Leeeeeon................

Think that would work quite well. :thump:

Edit: He may well be learning:
http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1199228,00.html

and drop gower!? you must be getting through the sherry!

Agreed...or go 5-3-2.

......................... COLLIS .............................

Hammell ... Barrett ... Richards ... Clarke ... Hunt

........Bailey ........ McCormack ........ Maher.......

...........Macdonald ........... Leeeeeon................

Think that would work quite well. :thump:

Edit: He may well be learning:
http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1199228,00.html

Can I have some of the crack you have just smoked?

So not only have you added a defender to make us even more defensive you have removed our only form of creativity?????

Why make a sub just for the sake of it?

My point is that fresh legs can undoubtedly make a difference. We had chance after chance and with the players already on missing everything that came their way, what is to say Hooper or Morgan might have put at least one of those chances away as the game wore on? Even more so at this time of year when players will be more worn down than normal and mistakes can creep in due to tiredness.

In the same situation as we had yesterday, would Wenger, Ferguson or Mourinho left it until the 88th minute to introduce fresh legs? Methinks not.

In the same situation as we had yesterday, would Wenger, Ferguson or Mourinho left it until the 88th minute to introduce fresh legs? Methinks not.

Would Wenger, Ferguson or Mourinho ever have a bench of Flahavan, Francis, Moussa, Morgan and Hooper to choose from? Nobody had a bad game yesterday apart from maybe Leon Clarke, so what would've been achieved by substituting players who were doing well with inferior ones?

On that basis then if they're not good enough to come on at Gillingham then what is the point in having them in the squad I ask?

On that basis then if they're not good enough to come on at Gillingham then what is the point in having them in the squad I ask?

Presumably to replace an injured player or somebody having a bad game. The only player having a bad game yesterday was probably Leon Clarke but it wasn't viable to substitute him as he's our biggest goalscoring threat.

The problem with the subs debate is you never know what would have happened if you had made a change in comparison to what happened when you kept it as it is (and vice versa of course).

More significantly, I can't imagine the presence of Clarke or Hooper would have made much difference defensively.

My point is that fresh legs can undoubtedly make a difference. We had chance after chance and with the players already on missing everything that came their way, what is to say Hooper or Morgan might have put at least one of those chances away as the game wore on? Even more so at this time of year when players will be more worn down than normal and mistakes can creep in due to tiredness.

That's some cracking hindsight you've got there.

The players we had one were creating chance, after chance, after chance so why change them for players who aren't as good? It makes no sense.

Back