• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly in Loan market

shrimperton

Manager
The loan market opens again in a couple of days, and Tilly said he would like to bring in another forward.

1. Do we need another forward on loan?

2. Shouldnt we give our current forwards a go at striking up a partnership, rather than changing it all the time?

Bringing in a forward in January would make more sense, if the current lot dont cut it by then.
Tilly said Charlie Mcdonald needs time to adjust to the new team, club, league etc on blues world.
Well wouldnt this basically apply to anyone we bring in?

I think the current squad is good enough to more than cope with this level of football, they need to cut out silly mistakes, which tilly cant be blamed for. He cant go on the pitch and play for them.

Last edited:
More to the point

eric has only played 1 game, and leon clarke hasnt kicked a ball in anger for us yet.

I think it is panic-tilly at the mo, it seems silly to talk about bringing in someone else when these 2 aint had a go yet.

Or could it be a signal that Hooper's on his way to orient and he needs cover?

Last edited:
A tall, experienced centre half would be top of my shopping list. Any ideas?

Shouldn't we show a little faith in Richards before we get any new centre backs in on loan?

We're well covered in that position anyway IMO with Clarke, Barrett, Richards and Liptak on the books and Hunt who can deputise at CB as well.

More to the point

eric has only played 1 game, and leon clarke hasnt kicked a ball in anger for us yet.

I think it is panic-tilly at the mo, it seems silly to talk about bringing in someone else when these 2 aint had a go yet.

Or could it be a signal that Hooper's on his way to orient and he needs cover?

Eric is only here for one month. Maybe Leicester have already said they will not extend the loan beyond that so Tilly wants to get someone else of that type in?

I reckon we should stick it out to jan. we have so many strikers on the books and im sure we'll find the right combination given time....i have a good feeling about a foran/leon c. partnership...

As for the rest of the pitch - midfield is sound...defence doesn't need any more additions - just some more training together and they'll get it right - i have faith in them...but knowing tilly we'll see 3 more strikers and 2 defenders next week :thump:

I dont feel the need for bringing in any more strikers... as for the Eric saga... what is the point of bringing someone on loan for just a month... the kids 18... how can he make a big impact in a month...

What we need is a new CB or a new RB because i dont rate Gilbert from what ive seen and Simon seems injury pron....

Back