• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tilly No Longer Hopeful - misses out on loan striker!

From the Echo

If Laurent fails to recover then either Simon Francis or Kevin Betsy will line up alongside Theo Robinson as Tilson has been unable to bring in another forward on loan.
The Shrimpers chief had hoped to sign a forward who is currently out of favour at a Championship club.
But he has now opted against a switch to Roots Hall.
“He’s settled in his area and has turned down loan moves to a number of clubs, including ourselves,” confirmed the 42-year-old.
“It’s not ideal but we are looking around again now and hopefully something else will come up.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/4166997.Shrimpers_sweat_on_Laurent_s_fitness/

Franno played up front alongside Gary Hooper in about Hoops' only game as "main" striker at Leeds in the Carling Cup. We won 3-1.

Although they state that they are 'sweating' on the fitness of Laurent, I can see no way in which he will be starting and I have my doubts that he would even make a substitute
appearance. Better to have he and Barnard available for Saturday.

Would happily see Betsy up there, he has scored some important goals this season

what bout giving youth a go? betsy is a winger and francis def isnt a striker
same old tilson only going after one player when that fails we have no one to turn to and its too late

lets be honest we all knew this was going to happen as soon as i read that tilly was looking for a striker is was obvious is was never going to happen.

thing i don't get is why make it public and get everyones hopes up and then we don't get anyone is once again. This isn't the first time this has been done i just cannot see the reason for making it public. what do you benefit from that.

now we've got to settle with a right back who's played terrible for most of the season or a winger who's barely played in weeks.

good luck theo!!!!

lets be honest we all knew this was going to happen as soon as i read that tilly was looking for a striker is was obvious is was never going to happen.

thing i don't get is why make it public and get everyones hopes up and then we don't get anyone is once again. This isn't the first time this has been done i just cannot see the reason for making it public. what do you benefit from that.
Totally agree, not the first time this has happened ! Sounds like this has been a waste of time from the start, surely you would know very early in discussions that the player was settled in an area and unwilling to move. Why would we want someone that is happy to sit in the reserves somewhere and collect the money each week.

I'd rather we went for a hungry youngster with a good attitude, a Sawyer type attitude. I am always 100% behind Tilly but I do see why people question our ability to deal in the transfer market, whether it be loans or perm signings.

now we've got to settle with a right back who's played terrible for most of the season or a winger who's barely played in weeks.

good luck theo!!!!

Yup exactly - just keep it quiet until its almost done.

To be fair though, we complain when the club doesnt appear (in public) to be looking for anyone, yet when we do, we complain it should be kept quiet!

In an ideal world, it would be made public - and then completed and we'd all be happy! :)

Anybody rather see O'Keefe or Moussa playing in behind Theo in a 4-4-1-1... just a thought...

Is it true what Jon Harley says, noone wants to come here apart form youth players and foreigners who dont know our so call reputation for treatment of players?????

3 strikers that moved yesterday that would have been ideal short term - Gareth Taylor, Lloyd Owusu and Kiegan Parker... all went to clubs not dissimilar to us...

Is it true what Jon Harley says, noone wants to come here apart form youth players and foreigners who dont know our so call reputation for treatment of players?????

So what is our reputation for treatment of players? Have I missed something..?

Never heard such a load of rubbish. We have signed plenty of quality players that have been at bigger clubs like Clarke, McCormack, Freedman, Goater and countless others over the years.

AND i've heard plenty of interviews with players both when joining and after leaving that have only had good good things to say about the club, T&B in particular.

Back