• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
He is shown on the Blues World interview at the training ground, obviously after a session.

His manner and demeanor is exactly how he usually comes across, with perhaps some concern as to how his troops will recover from 2 successive 3-0 defeats.

We also have to bear in mind that the quality signing he brought in pre-season has just departed and Lee Bradbury is still a week or so away from coming back. These factors I guess would suppress his mood a little, especially when considering defending the set pieces which by his own admission he said "was hard".

When asked about the Norwich job (which wasn't a major part of the interview), he said that he wasn't speaking out of turn by stating that Norwich had asked to speak to him and Ron had refused. That, as he said, was the end of the matter.

I didn't get any particular sense that he was ****ed off, more that he was choosing his words carefully.

If you look for something, you'll probably find it. If we win tomorrow it will be interesting to see how he interviews at that time.

Agreed, I just saw something though that made the Norwich' situation a little clearer. To me anyways.
On John Barns Football Night just now on 5 and guy with close ties to Norwich made a statement that's quite revealing. He stated that Norwich couldn't afford to go in for well established managers such as Alan Curbishley etc but were forced to go for either well known managers that had just had a failure at their previous club but with a desire to bounce back and succeed or.....go for the unproven, inexperienced manager and take a gamble.

Last I heard the shortlist was down to four and Tilly wasn't one of them. How much of that is true I'm not sure but here's hoping.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Oct. 13 2006,00:47)]Agreed, I just saw something though that made the Norwich' situation a little clearer. To me anyways.
On John Barns Football Night just now on 5 and guy with close ties to Norwich made a statement that's quite revealing. He stated that Norwich couldn't afford to go in for well established managers such as Alan Curbishley etc but were forced to go for either well known managers that had just had a failure at their previous club but with a desire to bounce back and succeed or.....go for the unproven, inexperienced manager and take a gamble.

Last I heard the shortlist was down to four and Tilly wasn't one of them. How much of that is true I'm not sure but here's hoping.
See that's the point for me. All Norwich did was ask for permission to speak to Tilly, and add him to a list of candidates.

Personally the first thing I would do in Tilly's position would be to ask a) how many are on this list and b) where in the pecking order I fit.

If the answers aren't satisfactory I would tell them where to go.

I have just seen the Tilly interview on Blues World, a little bit behind as you can tell, and I would disagree that Tilly think this is the end of the matter.

In my opinion, and I may, and hope, that I am wrong, but he seemed to be a tad unhappy that he had been granted permission to talk to Norwich.

He used the phrase 'while I am still here' 2 or 3 times, and you may think this nit picking, but it rang alarm bells for me.

If Norwich are now looking elsewhere, then thats great, but I just wonder if this will have damaged the relationship between Tilly and Uncle Ron?

I sincerely hope not, but it didnt seem that Tilly was very happy with life, and I dont think that has anything to do with out current predicament, which when all said and done, is not THAT bad!

Roll on tonight!

I dont think Tilly was ****ed off, he was just stting a fact

We all need to stop looking for things that are not there

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 13 2006,12:10)]I dont think Tilly was ****ed off, he was just stting a fact

We all need to stop looking for things that are not there
Here Here

I agree that you can read too much into things like this.

However by using terms as "whilst Im still manager" that surely indicates a possibility he wont be.

In the past he has always said its nice to be wanted but he isnt interested.

In two interviews he never flatly said he didnt want to go, which he normally does.

Thats why I actually think he didnt want to rule himself out of that one.

Back