• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly's comments on the official site...

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Just took a glance at Tilly's comments regarding today's performance and I appreciate he has to be seen to defend his players for the sake of togetherness/team spirit etc, but in saying that we had the lionshare of posession and a few good chances, I feel this is somewhat stretching the truth.
Yes, we had a fair amount of posession, but proceeded to lose the ball with unecessary nonsensical short passes into danger or punt an aimless ball to the shortest player on the pitch at every available opportunity. I don't think we had more than one decent five minute spell where we actually KEPT posession! :confused:

In fairness the part about not taking your chances could have just been cut and pasted from any one of our previous 10 or so match reports...all good talking, but I like many others no doubt would rather see action...we are making the same schoolboy errors at the back week in, week out and are toothless up front. :(

Just took a glance at Tilly's comments regarding today's performance and I appreciate he has to be seen to defend his players for the sake of togetherness/team spirit etc, but in saying that we had the lionshare of posession and a few good chances, I feel this is somewhat stretching the truth.
Yes, we had a fair amount of posession, but proceeded to lose the ball with unecessary nonsensical short passes into danger or punt an aimless ball to the shortest player on the pitch at every available opportunity. I don't think we had more than one decent five minute spell where we actually KEPT posession! :confused:

In fairness the part about not taking your chances could have just been cut and pasted from any one of our previous 10 or so match reports...all good talking, but I like many others no doubt would rather see action...we are making the same schoolboy errors at the back week in, week out and are toothless up front. :(

Hate to say it but I really am starting to question him as manager!

Why take off a striker and bring on a winger when you are chasing a goal? Hmmmmm....

Taking chances today? What chances? Hooperman had a snapshot, then...er...um...ooh hang on....

To be honest I would rather read the opinions of any man woman or beast on here that are a true reflextion on the game than the broken record that is brought out by T&B after every defeat.

I counted that it was the 65th min untill we registered our first attempt on target today, that is not good enough seeing as we were at home and looking to prove that the last 3 games were just a blip

his comments on Leon were interesting.. sounds very dead to me

very interesting, sounds dead to me too. Cricised Leon for his performance at Donny. But he also went on to say he is trying to sign 2 strikers. he thought he would definatly tie one up this week. Just hope its not Morgan.

I counted that it was the 65th min untill we registered our first attempt on target today, that is not good enough seeing as we were at home and looking to prove that the last 3 games were just a blip
You are totally correct. We were commenting just before about the Pirates keeper's shorts being so clean that he could wear them next week without washing them so little action had he seen. And it was the 65th minute for that 1st save.

I've just listened to the longer version on BBCSX & I'm sorry but Tilly sounds like a rabbit in the headlights, a bloke lacking in any idea as to what's just happened & how to change it. His version of the game is totally at odds with what I & the rest of us all saw. I know we're not pro's blah blah, but to say we had the better of the game today is just a blatant lie. Much as I support Tilly he's got to start talking the right game, or even going to the right game, otherwise he will start to lose the faith of those who are still fully behind him. Today we had no plan A, so whether we had plans B or C is really fairly irrelevant.

He doesn't seem to rate Clarke at all now based on the slagging off he gave him regarding the Donny game, "we know he'll score goals, but is he the sort of player we want". Well unfortunately he'll have more shots in one game than any of our other current strikers will in the rest of the season.

We've apparently got a couple of options on the go for strikers & to be honest until one of those comes through I can't see us winning another game.

We gave an ironic cheer in the greens when Phillips got a spot of mud on his white shorts. About the 60th minute I think. :rolleyes:

Nothing happened until Hooper came on. I can't see where he's coming from with the missed chances comments at all. Bollock them Tilly, they deserve it.

Sorry to say I think Tilly has lost the plot. Not sure whether Brush is the best assistant to him either.

Bring in a man with more experience at a higher level in place of Brush I say.

How he can defend the team when they display a ****e performance like that, is anybodys guess.

Having now watched that interview on Blues World, some of my faith in Tilly has been restored a bit. If he thinks Leon Clarke isn't going to dig in and give all to the cause then it's right that he goes back. It's nice to actually hear him speak frankly about a player. Unfortunately he needs to realise that there are a couple of others in the same boat as Leon.

I get the impression that Tilly sees these interviews as a chore rather than as something that he wants to do or enjoys doing. He rarely gives anything away in an interview wheras by all accounts if you get the chance to speak to Tilly in person he's much more open and honest in his assessment of things.

I tend to compare him with George Williams at the A12 Scum as I generally hear the BBC interview on the way home to Nether Maldaune. To be fair Williams is very honest in his comments & will say when the team hasn't been good enough, point out faults without slagging individual players off & generally comes over well even when they've been well beaten.

Whereas Tilly for the last 12 months has blamed everything under the sun but yet again today seemed to fail to accept even that with the manner of defeat we weren't good enough.

The b loody annoying thing is that I, & I suspect most of the rest of you, know there are a number of poor teams up the top of this division who we're more than capable of beating & finishing above. But we're constantly shooting ourselves in the foot. Why! The worrying thing is that I'm not convinced Tilly knows either.

The likelyhood of us seeing Clarke in a blue shirt again!? Very slim. Brian Dear said that it was Southend's choice in the end not to complete the move and he got in trouble in Sheffield last night and apparently got arrested ...

Kev

I suppose the views of the Wolves and Sheff Weds fans were proved right in the end. :rolleyes:

Maybe he considered Hunts "header" (I put it in quotes cos he should have headed it but gawd knows what it hit, leg, chest or something) effort in the first half a chance. Seemed more difficult to get it to hit the scoreboard than make the goalie get dirty.

Back