• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly's Interview said it all.....

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
..... He wants to bring players in, and the chairman is not backing him.

Tilly came as close as he could do tonight to saying that the chairman has not been forthcoming with the money to bring players in, and it was a desperate plea for him to lossen the purse strings.

Another 3 injuries, and only an injury time equaliser saving us from yet another defeat, we HAVE to bring players in and quick as otherwise it could prove fatal to our chances of maintaining our League One status.

If Ron is not prepared to spend the money on players, then he needs to come out and say to the fans why not - if he doesn't, and results continue as they are, then sections of the crowd will start to turn on the manager, and if his hands are tied, that's just not fair.

Of course Tilly must take responsibility for what happens on the pitch, but he sounded desperate tonight for players, and when asked if anything was in the pipeline, it sounded to me that basically, there wasn't. Tilly said, in so many words, that it has to happen now, getting players in that is - Lets hope Ron is paying attention.

And could signal the fact that Tilly will welcome those who might be after his services elsewhere...

That is becoming a real worry, imagine how we would feel if Tilly went somewhere like Brighton because they have more ambition than money.

If those Tilson out minority idiots think anyone else could do better than Tilly can on the budget he has then they are really living in cloud cuckoo land.

I hope Ron gives him a bit of backing. I know he wants the new stadium etc but if a club like Liverpool can't afford their one this now, what chance do we have?

This squad is lacking depth and most worryingly it lacks quality

If tilly go offered another job elsewhere he would take it, he doesnt deserve this from a chairman who is in my mind turning into someone who thinks he is bigger than sufc.

Ron needs to explain whats happening or people may vote with their wallets when st renewal comes around

That is becoming a real worry, imagine how we would feel if Tilly went somewhere like Brighton because they have more ambition than money.

If those Tilson out minority idiots think anyone else could do better than Tilly can on the budget he has then they are really living in cloud cuckoo land.

With Mickey Adams seemingly on his last legs...please don't tempt fate.

Tilly came as close as he could do tonight to saying that the chairman has not been forthcoming with the money to bring players in, and it was a desperate plea for him to lossen the purse strings.

Another 3 injuries, and only an injury time equaliser saving us from yet another defeat, we HAVE to bring players in and quick as otherwise it could prove fatal to our chances of maintaining our League One status.

If Ron is not prepared to spend the money on players, then he needs to come out and say to the fans why not - if he doesn't, and results continue as they are, then sections of the crowd will start to turn on the manager, and if his hands are tied, that's just not fair.

Of course Tilly must take responsibility for what happens on the pitch, but he sounded desperate tonight for players, and when asked if anything was in the pipeline, it sounded to me that basically, there wasn't. Tilly said, in so many words, that it has to happen now, getting players in that is - Lets hope Ron is paying attention.
Totally Agree
As PC said on the radio we need Perm. signings as players who are not going to be hear after this season wont give a toss if we end up in the relegation battle.

Forget the Stadium we cant afford it in the present climate and we deffinately wont be able to afford it on gates of 3000 in Div 2 next season

If tilly go offered another job elsewhere he would take it, he doesnt deserve this from a chairman who is in my mind turning into someone who thinks he is bigger than sufc.

Ron needs to explain whats happening or people may vote with their wallets when st renewal comes around

I wouldn't want Ron to come out and tell everyone how skint we are. Not that there are many players worth much, but a poor club always seems to sell its best players for **** poor money

I wouldn't want Ron to come out and tell everyone how skint we are. Not that there are many players worth much, but a poor club always seems to sell its best players for **** poor money

Ron needs to be straight is he more interested in the stadium or the team, if its the stadium than this team will be league 2 next season and Tilly will be on his way, and Ron will have a mutiny on his hands if this club goes down

Alas, other managers from many other clubs have left because they get frustrated by an apparent lack of funds from the chairman. I guess, to be fair, in the current climate funds for a club of our size are never going to be that forthcoming and less so at the moment.

I guess it will depend on whether Tilly believes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence or not.....

Either he is merely being honest in his answers about asking the chairman about funds (as it is Ron who has the wallet) or whether it is truly a hint he is getting very frustrated at the lack of funds available.

Alas, other managers from many other clubs have left because they get frustrated by an apparent lack of funds from the chairman. I guess, to be fair, in the current climate funds for a club of our size are never going to be that forthcoming and less so at the moment.

I guess it will depend on whether Tilly believes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence or not.....

Either he is merely being honest in his answers about asking the chairman about funds (as it is Ron who has the wallet) or whether it is truly a hint he is getting very frustrated at the lack of funds available.

From a purely selfish point of view, it may well cross Tilly's mind that continuing to stick with a club who is not willing/able to back him financially in the transfer market could end up tarnishing his reputation and do serious harm to his chances of getting another job, or at least one at a high level.

No manager would want 2 relegations in 3 years on his CV, no matter what the circumstances behind it were.

Agreed but how many club have had the financial bonus' we have had in the last 3 years, ie shirt releases, cup runs, player sales, shares games at chelsea, spurs x2 along with chelsea and man u at home £30 a ticket, not saying we shouldnt have it but wheres it all gone. Not much has been spent, we aint payed an agent for 2 years nearly.

Agreed but how many club have had the financial bonus' we have had in the last 3 years, ie shirt releases, cup runs, player sales, shares games at chelsea, spurs x2 along with chelsea and man u at home £30 a ticket, not saying we shouldnt have it but wheres it all gone. Not much has been spent, we aint payed an agent for 2 years nearly.

Very good point! We've been quite lucky in the last few years with our fixtures etc. You'd think we'd have a bit to put back into the squad

In no way did Tilson make it sound like Ron was refusing to give him the money.

When Tilson was asked wether he was looking to bring in perm or loan signings, he replied "You will have to ask the chairman".

Loved Franno's interview where he called the ref ignorant. HAHA!

Forget implicit pleas, Tilly needs to request backing EXPLICITLY. He needs to go to RM and hammer home the gravity of the situation. We are now going to be struggling to put out 11, let alone string together a match day squad. If Ron wants us to stay in this division and not open FF in L2, then he has to splash the cash. Our fate is pretty much in his hands in my eyes.

Any signings have to be permanent, because, as has already been mentioned, loanees can be disruptive to continuity and if they're not going to be signing here permanently then do they really care?

In no way did Tilson make it sound like Ron was refusing to give him the money.

When Tilson was asked wether he was looking to bring in perm or loan signings, he replied "You will have to ask the chairman".

Loved Franno's interview where he called the ref ignorant. HAHA!

I think thats a way of putting pressure on the chairman to part with some dosh. He wouldn't come out and say "No, we're skint" is he

I dont think Ron has confidence to give Tilly money, he aint got the best record for buying players really.

But if thats the case why hasnt Ron sacked him?

Hope your wrong RC, but its what i feared might be the problem all along. No matter what we do, sell players for a bob,good cup run, share isues, we never seem to have any money.

Back