• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson eyeing up Guttridge

Pato the Blue

First XI
It says that Tilson is intrested in Signing him.

- It says his out of favour at Cambridge.
- 22 years old
- made 159 appearances since signing from torquay in December 2000 scoring 20 goals.

Charlton put in a £300,000 and was rejected earlier on in the season, but since fallen out of favour, ( costwill be lower now)

" All I will say is that Luke is someone I have enquired about" admitted Tilson

Could be a very good edition to the squad in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Never been impressed by him when I've seen him play and was very surprised when Charlton put in a bid. Only thing I can remember about him was his set piece delivery was dire.

It also says that Northampton and Cardiff are interested.

If Charlton are looking at him, he must be at a good standard surely.

If he cant even get in the starting eleven of the worst pro side in England, he cant be that good can he?..

rock.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 16 2005,17:06)]If he cant even get in the starting eleven of the worst pro side in England, he cant be that good can he?..

rock.gif
laugh.gif
We don't know the full story though do we.

Cambrigde won't play an player if he is unhappy at the club - that why he not in the 1st team. Tilson, don't just stand there ..... GO and get him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 16 2005,17:11)]Cambrigde won't play an player if he is unhappy at the club - that why he not in the 1st team.  Tilson, don't just stand there ..... GO and get him!
Im with you on that one

But why is he unhappy?

If he is a disruptive influence (I have no idea) I don't want him at Roots Hall. I hope Tilly does his homework throroughly before signing any player.

Maybe Tes is just going there on a scouting mission!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Mar. 16 2005,17:16)]But why is he unhappy?

If he is a disruptive influence (I have no idea) I don't want him at Roots Hall. I hope Tilly does his homework throroughly before signing any player.

Maybe Tes is just going there on a scouting mission!
Possibly something to do with playing with sh*te like Danny Webb
tounge.gif

That isn't the only reason is it, there could be an endless list of things that could have landed him in hot water with the management and out of favour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Mar. 16 2005,17:11)]Wasn't he the player who was fighting with team-mate Danny Webb during one match ?
Indeed. Sign him up!
biggrin.gif

IMO, he'd be a very useful signing.

Says in the Echo, he has been hit by a back injury and virus this season..... that might explain why he hasn't played much.

Well the story has now appeared on the BBC. According to them we're in talks with him:

Guttridge

They've got God, so the least they could do is give us their best midfielder.
wink.gif

Where is he going to fit in the midfield?

His a central midfielder but we also have Alan McCourmack, Mark Bentley, Kev Maher, Jay Smith. I assume that Guttridge will replace Maher for the two game suspension along side Beno but what when Kev is back, along with when Jay is back?

You can never have too many good players. Tilly & Brush wouldn't be trying to bring him in if they didn't have plans for him.

Was excellent last year but, as someone has said, has been dogged with injury and illness. Don't think Renard handled him very well, whereas Tilly has the knack of players performing under him. He can play right midfield as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Mar. 16 2005,17:45)]They've got God, so the least they could do is give us their best midfielder.
wink.gif
Good thinking. It might help ease the pain.

Back