• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson eyeing up Guttridge

Profile from the U's official website:

He sounds pretty good to me - and not to blame for this season's disaster at Cambridge....

-----------------------------------------------------

Luke was in the youth system at Torquay United between the ages of 11 and 17, but when he was only offered a short-term deal by the Gulls he accepted the offer to serve the final year of his scholarship at the Abbey Stadium.

Small in stature but big-hearted and combative, the midfielder was compared to Billy Bremner by former U's boss Roy McFarland and made his first team debut in spectacular fashion in John Beck's first game as manager in February 2001, netting inside two minutes against Oldham.

The following season he became a first team regular under new manager John Taylor, and by the age of 21 he already had over 90 first team appearances under his belt.

Two-footed, brave, surprisingly good in the air and a good passer of the ball, Luke can play anywhere in midfield but his preferred role is in the centre, which is where he established himself last season. By early 2004 he had been linked with a number of Premier$hite and Division One clubs but in mid-February Luke signed a contract extension to June 2006. He finished the season as the only ever-present and with twelve goals to his name.

Herve Renard named him as the new captain at the beginning of the 2004-05 season but at the end of August he became affected by a serious vital infection and returned to his family home near Torquay to recover under their supervision.

In early November he began his rehabiliation at the FA's National Rehabilitation Centre at Lilleshall and returned to the first team in the home win against Rushden & Diamonds.

i definitely like the sound of 12 goals from midfield. i'm sure he always scores against me in Championship Manager too. we may technically have a lot of bodies in centre mid if this goes through, but if we're being honest there has to be a doubt over how long Jay Smith is going to be at the club, regardless of how good he is when fit.

He was always pretty useful in champo iirc. Like the sound of his being two-footed as well and able to play anywhere across the midfield. I said in a previous post that what we need now is a couple of new faces to give us that extra impetus that will push us forwards. Seems like Guttridge could be the man!

I think the fact that he always scores on Championship manager makes him a must to sign. Also I believe Simon Coleman should resign for us as he also is a very succseful defender on my 'manager98' game on my play station

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Mar. 17 2005,10:37)]I think the fact that he always scores on Championship manager makes him a must to sign. Also I believe Simon Coleman should resign for us as he also is a very succseful defender on my 'manager98' game on my play station
beat me to it...

However, I really think we should sign a goalkeeper called Sebastian Holmes, whose name I invented 20 years ago when I first got a ZX Spectrum and programmed it into the groundbreaking management game called "Football Manager". He kept 37 clean sheets in a 42 game season.

Awesome.

smile.gif

Back