• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson Out I Hear You Say ...

Babii G

aka Blues Ladies
So you all want Tilson out now do you? huh?

Well if you do then what better manager could possibly replace the sucess Tilly has brought to this club?

For me Tilly is irreplacable

You can get rid of Tilly but you can't hide what a true legend he is

...and who do you think would do a better job with the resources available?

That in a nutshell says it all Rob.
I think Tilson has done and will continue to do a remarkable job with the finances available. A lot of managers would not come here for that reason. Ron rightly in my view runs a tight ship. He is not going to ruin the future of this club for short term success. When the ground comes and finances i.e. income is stronger then he'll be under a lot more competition. TBH a lot of managers would have walked before now or been sacked. Short termism again.
Take the rough with the smooth. We'll all live longer.
PS if you didn't know anything about our league position and read this board you'd probably think we were bottom by about 10 points.

Tilson wont be going anywhere unless he chooses to.

It would be mad to sack a manager of his standing.

Dick Bate anyone?

:eek:
How happy it must be to be a younger member of this board and never experienced the "managerial skills" of Dick Bate. If anyone thinks Billy Paynter was poor they never saw Richard Young.:cry:

It is with a heavy heart that I must say that I am fast reaching the conclusion that it might be time to consider a change of manager. Things seem very stale and by Tilson's own admission, we have only one way to play. For those too young to remember the Great Sir Alf Ramsey (and believe me he was great) he had to step down after what was, on paper, one of the most talented English sides produced failed dismally under his leadership. He had lost his powers of motivation and in consequence the respect of his players. He remains a legend however. If you look back even further into Sir Alf's club management career, he guided a very ordinary Ipswich Town to the very pinnacle of the game by playing a style of football that others could not contend with. However, the year after they won the title (61/62) they were relegated as everyone found them out. So just because it may be time to call an end to the Tilson era, he will always remain a legend.

As for who could replace him? Who knows, but we would not be short of candidates I am sure. Now whether they would work under the apparent financial constraints is another matter.

In spite of all this, I doubt very much that Martin would sack Tilson as he has already said that he wants Tilson to lead us out at Fossetts Farm. I am worreid however that we might be back in the footballing doldrums by then.....away trip to Droylsdon anyone??

why do we all of a sudden look out of ideas. no options anywhere especially on the bench, what happened to are much bigger and stronger squad this year.

Could everybody just shut the hell up about Tilson possibly leaving. Don't you at least think that even if he were doing a bad job (to which I think we're doing pretty much as I expected for this season (top half)) surely Tilly has earnt the right to a bit of time?

So who would we get in to do a better job and who exactly would have got two promotions in a row with the finances tilly has had.

I suppose you are allowed an opinion, after all, you pay as much as I do to watch them, but remember, WE ARE SOUTHEND! not Leeds, or Forest, we do not have the finances to instantly buy ourselves out of this league and I believe we have one of if not the best young manager in the football league.

So why don't people start thinking before they talk of sacking our most successful manager ever.

Could everybody just shut the hell up about Tilson possibly leaving. Don't you at least think that even if he were doing a bad job (to which I think we're doing pretty much as I expected for this season (top half)) surely Tilly has earnt the right to a bit of time?

So who would we get in to do a better job and who exactly would have got two promotions in a row with the finances tilly has had.

I suppose you are allowed an opinion, after all, you pay as much as I do to watch them, but remember, WE ARE SOUTHEND! not Leeds, or Forest, we do not have the finances to instantly buy ourselves out of this league and I believe we have one of if not the best young manager in the football league.

So why don't people start thinking before they talk of sacking our most successful manager ever.

its called a forum. opinions and all that!

As everyone rightly says, Tilly has done wonders in his time here, and to hear people say" he has had his chances now he must be replaced" is mad.
We are 10th in Lge 1 guys its no travesty considering a large proportion at the start of the season said we could slide straight back into 2, lets just see where we are at the end of the season ,then maybe Tilly by his own steam may decide he has taken this club as far as possible.
He is the best thing to happen to this club and with him as manager with continued support from Uncle Ron and with Fossets in the not to distant future, This club is still going in the right direction folks just keep believing.........Now where did i put my pills:thump:

Back