• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm contacting the players through their clubs. I've done Wolves for Michael Kightly, AFC Totton for Carl Pettefer and Oxford for Mitchell Cole so far.

I'm contacting the players through their clubs. I've done Wolves for Michael Kightly, AFC Totton for Carl Pettefer and Oxford for Mitchell Cole so far.

ive already contacted pettefer - please see earlier post.

update: emails received from swindon, swansea and bury - sodje, mildenhall and gower will give me a message tomorrow

ive already contacted pettefer - please see earlier post.

update: emails received from swindon, swansea and bury - sodje, mildenhall and gower will give me a message tomorrow

Excellent stuff Naps, when I get some time tomorrow I hope to run off some Facebook messages to a handful of players not already contacted with the hope of getting one or two of replies.

Perhaps OBL could get in touch with the French lads?

Those of you involved with bringing this to fruition are doing a fantastic job. Thanks and well done.

Don't want to overly burden you guys, but the thought occurred to me: we're just concentrating on Tilly the manager. Didn't the legend's time with us also encompass another amazing decade of loyalty, hardwork and success when, as a player, he was voted our Player of the Millennium? Why restrict the messages and pics just to his time as manager? I'm sure there are loads of people from that era such as Chrissy Powell, Andy Ansah, Bretty Angell, Benji, etc who'd love to honour Sir Steve? How about some pics from his time as a player, such as that goal (against Grimsby?) or one of his special tackles when he'd rob the player of the ball with perfect balance?

Shoot the idea down if the majority disagree with this, but what are people's thoughts on honouring him for his nearly two decades rather than just the last (incredible) seven years?

Those of you involved with bringing this to fruition are doing a fantastic job. Thanks and well done.

Don't want to overly burden you guys, but the thought occurred to me: we're just concentrating on Tilly the manager. Didn't the legend's time with us also encompass another amazing decade of loyalty, hardwork and success when, as a player, he was voted our Player of the Millennium? Why restrict the messages and pics just to his time as manager? I'm sure there are loads of people from that era such as Chrissy Powell, Andy Ansah, Bretty Angell, Benji, etc who'd love to honour Sir Steve? How about some pics from his time as a player, such as that goal (against Grimsby?) or one of his special tackles when he'd rob the player of the ball with perfect balance?

Shoot the idea down if the majority disagree with this, but what are people's thoughts on honouring him for his nearly two decades rather than just the last (incredible) seven years?

My personal view is that Tilson has already been heralded as a player, now it's about time he's rewarded for his contribution to us purely as a manager, but I fully understand if people want to broaden the scope of this and it certainly wouldn't hurt to try and contact some of those he's played with.

Messages fired off to Grant, Spencer and Herd so far.

Spencer's replied, so we have at least one on the board ;)

Last edited:
Sent Hammell & Mulgrew requests for their message for Steve.
Also asked CM if he could pass it on to Gary Hooper too.

Great, so that's about a third of the player base contacted with messages on their way... It's a good start, but let's see this through.

ESB - You've done a good job in listing the players and co-ordinating this. I think one person is not on the list - in fact probably the most important person from Tilly's last 7 years - Paul Brush. Let's make sure he's also asked to contribute. Also, it would be great if there's a picture with the two of them together.

ESB - You've done a good job in listing the players and co-ordinating this. I think one person is not on the list - in fact probably the most important person from Tilly's last 7 years - Paul Brush. Let's make sure he's also asked to contribute. Also, it would be great if there's a picture with the two of them together.

Yep, Brushy definitely has to be on there... I know there's a few on this board who could get a message to him...

ESB had already done so but if you send me all the messages received I will keep them all in a file...Once completed I will post them all up on here and sort them with the framed picture.

Once again great effort people.:clap:

jcr - contacted. and wayne gray

I dont think theres any point contacting leon cort, who was only here for 20 games under Tilly, nor mark warren (ditto).

Last edited:
Just out of interest, Naps, how many restraining orders have been taken out on you, or are pending....

Imagine if we could get even a third of these players to send a personal message. It will be immense! Great work by all. We have officially got to be the best fans in the UK (maybe the world!).

Back