• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello ORM. I'm another Shrimper based in Hong Kong. Are there many of us?
Quoted from Rob 1920 in the match ratings thread. Sorry I'm not good at the quote copy into new thread thing

"Its not just financial backing, he backs his managers & gives them time to sort things out when it appears to all be going wrong. I know the Tilly thing will divide people but he also stood by him longer than most chairmen would have. I wonder how many clubs have only had 3 managers in the past 13 or so years?"

Some have already done so. I am really NOT a fan of RM, especially on the ground fiasco and our constant run ins with tax and courts but there is no denying the one fact above. He has balanced keeping us out of the courts with making money available regularly and with quality signings. Many of us, me included, were calling for Brown out. He kept faith in Tilly for as long as he could.

On this particular point I got it wrong. Well done Ron and well done Phil for the turnaround. I've not booked the play off final flight just yet but frankly even if we miss out we have surpassed my expectations this season already.

I was wrong. Who else? Oh and can anyone answer Rob's question?

At the time I wanted Brown out yes. The form was terrible.

Was I wrong at the time? No I wasn't. Im very happy he has turned it around but I don't feel I made a mistake in doing so. Do I regret calling for him to go? No because at the time it was what I felt. I stand by what I said.

I will always give credit where credit is due. I don't hate Phil, it's a results game. Well done Phil anyway.

There's an annoyance factor about posters who continually ask after every win 'where have the Brown outers gone now'. Well they're all obviously still here as otherwise, judging by those autumn poll results, our last home gate would have been about 1,500.

I often wonder where all the 'I was behind Brown all alongers' have come from, it seems to have multiplied over time, a bit like the amount of people who went to Bury away in 1991.

On a thread about "putting your hands up" best not to post rather invent things to have ago at others.

On a thread about "putting your hands up" best not to post rather invent things to have ago at others.

Have I upset you again by suggesting quite a lot of people wanted (past tense) Brown out?

Quoted from Rob 1920 in the match ratings thread. Sorry I'm not good at the quote copy into new thread thing

"Its not just financial backing, he backs his managers & gives them time to sort things out when it appears to all be going wrong. I know the Tilly thing will divide people but he also stood by him longer than most chairmen would have. I wonder how many clubs have only had 3 managers in the past 13 or so years?"

Some have already done so. I am really NOT a fan of RM, especially on the ground fiasco and our constant run ins with tax and courts but there is no denying the one fact above. He has balanced keeping us out of the courts with making money available regularly and with quality signings. Many of us, me included, were calling for Brown out. He kept faith in Tilly for as long as he could.

On this particular point I got it wrong. Well done Ron and well done Phil for the turnaround. I've not booked the play off final flight just yet but frankly even if we miss out we have surpassed my expectations this season already.

I was wrong. Who else? Oh and can anyone answer Rob's question?

We all get it wrong sometimes. I was always behind PB, I saw he has a rebuilding job this season but thought we would continue to see progress under his stewardship, I didn't think he'd turn it around this quick though!

My shocker was saying that I was convinced we would regret letting Connor Clifford go and that he would go on to play a decent level, way off the mark there wasn't I!

I'm not on facebook any more but there are quite a few so called fans on the fans page who want brown out even if he got us in the premier league. There reasoning is regardless of results they never wanted him here and still don't and never will

Which fans' page is that? I left Chris Phillips' FB page, it had a high percentage of total ********s on there intent on just winding people up.

Fare play to you all putting your hands up...... I've always been a fan of Browny, when you look back he's turned things around remarkably and the quality in the squad is very good.

I also believe he's in it for the long term, bearing in mind the relationship he has with the chairman and shares eg eg. My only concern if a big club came sniffing, their must be quite a few chairmen around the country taking notice at what he's doing.

And if they do come sniffing - which they will if we go up. Surely the Cowleys would love a move to Southend? Win - Win

Talking of Chris Phillip 'Southend United' FB page, a guy like Lee Doherty a fat and foul mouthed ******* who seem to wind up ppls up on his pages. Not the way to welcome new Southend Utd fans who only start supporting the clubs in last 10 years!

Back