• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend_aussies

I come from a land down under
Here is a comparison between our last 16 matches last season, and our first 5 of that period this season.

May I remind a lot of people we were also doing the same doom and gloom last year before Brown turned it around. He may have been doing extra things at training to prepare the team for the last ten games.

1 - Southend 1-2 v Accrington
2 - Southend 2-4 v Stevenage
3 - Southend 2-0 v Carlisle
4 - Southend 0-0 v Wimbledon
5 - Southend 2-2 v Wycombe
6 - Southend 3-1 v Dagenham
7 - Southend 1-2 v Burton
8 - Southend 0-0 v Cambridge
9 - Southend 2-0 v Mansfield
10 - Southend 1-0 v Hartlepool
11 - Southend 1-0 v Tranmere
12 - Southend 2-0 v Newport
13 - Southend 1-0 Exeter
14 - Southend 1-0 v Bury
15 - Southend 1-0 v Luton
16 - Southend 1-3 v Morecambe

1 - Southend 0-2 v Bradford
2 - Southend 3-1 v Burton
3 - Southend 1-3 v Port Vale
4 - Southend 1-1 v Crewe
5 - Southend 0-1 v Chesterfield

Almost identical and it seems we always struggle at this stage.

Motto of the story? We are still in this. I said the same thing last year and we made the playoff and had a chance to be automatically promoted.

This team is good enough to do it. Let's support the team.

Season before last was the 14/15 match winless run from January to end of March when Loza had his one match wonder against Oxford to end the run.

Here is a comparison between our last 16 matches last season, and our first 5 of that period this season.

May I remind a lot of people we were also doing the same doom and gloom last year before Brown turned it around. He may have been doing extra things at training to prepare the team for the last ten games.

13 - Southend 1-0 Exeter
14 - Southend 1-0 v Bury

4 - Southend 1-1 v Crewe

Motto of the story? We are still in this. I said the same thing last year and we made the playoff and had a chance to be automatically promoted.

I'll keep supporting the team, but we are not going to go on this sort of run at the end of this season as we did last season. We're far too inconsistent.

Positives:

The play offs are still a possibility.
Look at some of our closest neighbours - relegation into the poo of league 2 (:COL U:), relegation into the massive trap of non-league (D&R), and (probably/hopefully) missing out on the playoffs in Lg2 (LO).

Positives:

Look at some of our closest neighbours - relegation into the poo of league 2 (:COL U:), relegation into the massive trap of non-league (D&R), and (probably/hopefully) missing out on the playoffs in Lg2 (LO).

Life is so cruel for some (51 points in the bank, smug mode).

Life is so cruel for some (51 points in the bank, smug mode).

Yep we are safe and praise the Lord

However the team should be allowed to express themselves which in turn will have the fans begging for more,The tripe served up recently makes a mockery of professional football!

Positives:

I'd rather be playing Orient and Col U rather than the Burton Albions of this world - and their 50 fans who bothered to travel. We'd be getting close to full houses with our near neighbours.

I'd rather be playing Orient and Col U rather than the Burton Albions of this world - and their 50 fans who bothered to travel. We'd be getting close to full houses with our near neighbours.

Screw them - I'd rather be playing Aston Villa, Newcastle & Norwich. :smile:

22/27 points. No chance in this Division. 2 games ago this measurement was 23/33.
It took 33 matches and the luck of other teams doing us a favour since the start to get into a position where a win gets us into the last play off place. 4 days and 2 inept performances against weaker opposition, later, and we find ourselves completely wanting and looking extremely likely to miss out. The least we should have done is to set up with all guns blazing. Let our opponents try and stop us, not the other way round.................. Death and glory, not a whimper then death. Dare to do is not in someones vocabulary !!!

13 - Southend 1-0 Exeter
14 - Southend 1-0 v Bury

4 - Southend 1-1 v Crewe

I would like to agree, but having seen most of our matches this season the bad news is that we are really not good enough. Which is a shame as this division isn't as good as its made out to be. You just have to see who is top to figure that out. Mid table at best, but every chance next season with the right additions.

Our last two home matches where we picked up 1 / 6 points against lower opposition says too me the squad has been over performing, really should have been 6/6 sorry.no chance on those performances of going on a run like we did at this point last season and really i dont think the opposition is that much stronger either.

Well although we didn't deserve it we really should have beaten Crewe Alex - we missed a penalty.

We did deserve to beat Chesterfield but missed several gilt-edged chances and had a nailed-on penalty turned down.

So it could have been very different with a bit more luck.

Well although we didn't deserve it we really should have beaten Crewe Alex - we missed a penalty.

We did deserve to beat Chesterfield but missed several gilt-edged chances and had a nailed-on penalty turned down.

Nailed-on penalty yes but did we deserve to beat Chesterfield? No. Not in my opinion. We're not good enough this year but well done Phil & the boys, it's been a successful season and one we can hopefully build on in 2016/17.

Doubt we'd have been awarded that second penalty if we hadn't been trailing to a controversial goal.

Back