• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's a bit harsh, I feel. we've not had a settled back four, something I think is vital. Kiernan and Turner were signed for that but injuries prevented. Had we a starting back 4 of Coker, Kiernan, Turner, Demetriou all season (I know) we'd be challenging for the promotion places. That's my opinion.

We haven't scored enough goals .

I think you are all correct.

Expectations were high in August - especially after the excellent Blackburn game.

Then the injuries and the back four situation dragged us down ........ add into that a couple of games that were less than great (Rotherham away, Wigan away) ........... and we are not in the position that I think most fans hoped for.

My cup is half full ......... we need to have a bit of a run and get the all important 3 points and then see where we are after Christmas. And to that end I think the game against Peterborough on Tuesday will be important. :thumbsup:

Next six Home games
Bradford
Charlton
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood
Scunthorpe
Wigan

That's five of the current top six. We've already beaten the other one Blackburn. So.....
Our unbeaten home record will be severely tested!

On the other hand if (it's a big if) we win against a few of those teams then we should be in a good position to make a second half charge for the playoffs.

Crickey! I had half a mind (well, even that doesn't work very well) to head to Posh on TUESDAY. Thanks for that! :smile:

To be completely honest to you Rattus, I only picked up on it myself last night whilst listening to Phil's post match interview, when he briefly discussed "Wednesday nights" match against Peterborough.... At the time, I thought to myself "Blimey, that is one hell of a blunder!!"....I had to google it to find out that it was in fact the correct day.

I would have done the same as you (well kinda) I would have settled down with a glass of wine to tune into I-Follow at 7:45pm on Tuesday night.

Think it was originally Tuesday, until they moved Peterborough's cup-tie at Woking to this afternoon.

On the other hand if (it's a big if) we win against a few of those teams then we should be in a good position to make a second half charge for the playoffs.

We need to win them to catch them and if we do we will deserve to be in the play offs.

Form surprisingly up there points wise, but again the worry is a) negative style producing minimum goals b) lack of goals from our vastly stocked forward line.

As with the whole of Brown’s tenure, if we concede a goal I never feel like we will take three points

I don't agree with that... we have not converted the chances we have had. I wouldn't say our style is particularly negative at all. However, we can't score penalties (until now) and have missed several chances, plus we haven't been able to defend against any tall striker... again, until now.

Whilst true the main issue was the awful defence at the start of the season, plus when you defend well the midfielders have more freedom to push upfield.

Absolutely. The midfielders can push up more, get closer to the strikers and provide more support and thus push back the opposition further. :thumbsup:

Back