• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We've got to maintain the intensity that we've playing recently. Switch off now and we'll find it more difficult when the play off comes. The reason why teams just outside the automatics and just inside the play-offs often prosper is because they are used to playing at a certain level of intensity. In the 05 promotion we never let up having narrowly missed automatics on the last day. In 08 we had a relaxing final couple of games knowing that we had already comfortably secured play-offs and couldn't get up for the Donnie games. 2012 doesn't quite fit my theory admittedly. My view though is that you can't afford to relax, as in the play offs we'll be up against some teams who are playing full pelt (if not the semi then the final for sure).

All cards rescinded as of 2nd Sunday of April, only worry was John white but we're all ok that side. it's the red cards we have to concern ourselves with.

Cards are not rescinded, it is merely the threshold for punishment which rises from 5 to 10 to 15 at various stages.
But, as you say, there are not enough games left for this to affect any of our players.

Southend United @SUFCRootsHall
Brown: "Kevan Hurst, Jakub Sokolik and John Egan are all slight doubts for the game but we're doing all we can to make sure they're fit."

Can certainly see Prosser getting a game or two if there is any doubt to them.

Tough one why show the play off oppo all ya bits and bobs.....keep some tucked away and get em out for the play offs.....or as mentioned above keep the best team playing and hopefully winning

Extreeemely unlikely I know, but if with us away at Fleetwood (a strong outfit going forward!) and Oxford at home to Accrington (who, on paper, they should trounce). Things could be a little squeeky bum on the last game. Let's just get over the line first.

Extreeemely unlikely I know, but if with us away at Fleetwood (a strong outfit going forward!) and Oxford at home to Accrington (who, on paper, they should trounce). Things could be a little squeeky bum on the last game. Let's just get over the line first.

On paper Oxford will lose, have you see their form since the manager left ? Lost 5 out of their last 6 and its unlikely they will get two wins, let alone make up the goal difference as well.

Would certainly be nice to get it sewn up on Saturday none the less.

Rest players if:

• They're injured or carrying knocks
  • They're off form

Basically, treat this like any other match.

If players have any niggling knocks that might be exacerbated by playing then it might be a good idea to give them a rest. We certainly don't want Hurst, Sokolik or Egan being out of the play-off matches, so I'd be tempted to give the likes of Prosser or Straker a game on Saturday. Otherwise no, you want to go into the play-offs in good form and high on confidence. 4 games in 4 weeks is hardly excessive.

Do you remember the Tilson play-off season, the last game of the season we played Port Vale, captained by a certain Luke Prosser, we rested a few players and drew which meant we played the inform team Doncaster, if we had played a full strength team we would have played Carlisle(who were in terrible form) and would have got into the final, one of the worst decisions he ever made.

Not saying this will happen again, but dont take anything for certain. Still need the best possible side out!:stunned:

I remember resting the team Vs Port Vale in 2008, we ended up getting Doncaster instead of Carlise, has we beaten Vale with a full team, we would played Carlisle and beaten them, in a one off final at Wembley, we could nicked a lucky win and gone straight back up to Championship .... so many "what if!"

Back