• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timetable Set

A nice design but without the anti-hooligan measures (the steps at the front of the stands) in place please.

A bowl type design which is right on top of the players would be nice, and seating as steep as legally possible too will add to the intimidation factor.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ May 04 2006,15:34)]Cannot see any major problems with this. Council has back us all the way and can see no change after these elections. Protests will be to a minimum (there is nothing to protest about in my eyes). The only thing I am intrigued about is transport links. Someone mentioned on here before that every new satdium needs to have a park and ride link to it - so where does that go? Sure the transport issues will be answered in time though. I also guess that it is 17,000 seater to start and then rise to a further 8 or 9,000 maybe? Also I would like to see the proposed design of the stadium soon. Something like Swansea's would be great minus all the grey
Not too much grey there !

Liberty Stadium in MoonlightLiberty Stadium in Moonlight

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ May 09 2006,15:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 09 2006,09:56)]IIRC, Ron said that we could have sold out the BC match twice over, and his original intention had been for a 17000 seat stadium,  but when traveling with the Blues he has seen  some of the new stadiums and facilities around the country and he is now seriously considering wether he ought to go for a 22000 seater.
At the parade on Sunday, when interviewed by BBC Essex, Ron did confirm that the capacity would be 22,000

Isn't that bigger than Millwall's ground?
If that's actually confirmed that's brilliant news!! A capacity of 22,000 is 2,500 larger than Swansea and the Liberty Stadium is fantastic!!!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 14 2006,12:14)]If that's actually confirmed that's brilliant news!! A capacity of 22,000 is 2,500 larger than Swansea and the Liberty Stadium is fantastic!!!  
wink.gif
We have to fill it though or have a great stadium with just 6,000 people knocking around inside. So that means investing in the infrastructure of the club from the youth level all the way up to the first team in order to provide a solid base for the long-term success of the club. What we must avoid is falling into the same trap as the Franchise Scum; we must avoid having one of the best stadiums in basement league football. We need to have one of the best in the upper echelons. So it's up to Ron not only to secure finance for the construction of the FF project but also for the construction of the long-term future of the club ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 14 2006,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 14 2006,12:14)]If that's actually confirmed that's brilliant news!! A capacity of 22,000 is 2,500 larger than Swansea and the Liberty Stadium is fantastic!!!  
wink.gif
We have to fill it though or have a great stadium with just 6,000 people knocking around inside. So that means investing in the infrastructure of the club from the youth level all the way up to the first team in order to provide a solid base for the long-term success of the club. What we must avoid is falling into the same trap as the Franchise Scum; we must avoid having one of the best stadiums in basement league football. We need to have one of the best in the upper echelons. So it's up to Ron not only to secure finance for the construction of the FF project but also for the construction of the long-term future of the club ...
The stadium at Darlington is also another good example 4000 people ratlling about in a 20,000+ capacity stadium.

The suggestion of expanding the capacity does make sense though. If the plan was for 17,000 when we were speculating about Championship football, confirmation of Championship football must justify a bigger capacity.

Somehow, I think 17,000 would suffice personally but then I haven't done business projections on numbers that I'm sure the club have done and I'm still reeling from how many season tickets the club have sold!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 14 2006,18:58)]If the plan was for 17,000 when we were speculating about Championship football, confirmation of Championship football must justify a bigger capacity.
Just to play Devil's advocate, Championship football is not confirmed for when - and indeed if - the new stadium is completed.

do we own the ground on which the stadium will be built?!

only asking coz if we do, the banks will loan up to 70% of the cost of building the stadium as we can secure the loan against the ground.

then with 10% being given by the football league grant, it would only leave us finding 20% of the overall cost.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 13 2006,12:11)]A nice design but without the anti-hooligan measures (the steps at the front of the stands) in place please.

A bowl type design which is right on top of the players would be nice, and seating as steep as legally possible too will add to the intimidation factor.

smile.gif
nah keep the design as it is, it's lovely! just need to change the colour scheme to blue and not red! if it turns out to be something like this i would be very happy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ May 16 2006,08:41)]do we own the ground on which the stadium will be built?!

only asking coz if we do, the banks will loan up to 70% of the cost of building the stadium as we can secure the loan against the ground.

then with 10% being given by the football league grant, it would only leave us finding 20% of the overall cost.

I believe Ron Martin and his company bought out the last piece of land remaining on the Fossetts site a couple of months back from SEL.

So yes I do believe the Fossetts site is now completely owned by Uncle Ron...

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong?..
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 16 2006,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ May 16 2006,08:41)]do we own the ground on which the stadium will be built?!

I believe Ron Martin and his company bought out the last piece of land remaining on the Fossetts site a couple of months back from SEL.

Just to put a financial perspective on this

30M stadium, 70% loan 5% PA interest
means 1.05M of interest pa
at an average ticket price of 20 quid and 26 games at home a season means 2,000 spectators paying full price every game just to pay the interest

Another 2,000 to pay off the capital

If we can average gates in the new stadium of 15,000 then we will be fine, and I could see a steady "Reading like" rise.

If we slip up and atendances drop much below 10,000 then we will be struggling to pay all of our bills.

So as Mike said, we need to ensure we are doing on the pitch so that the profile of the club is gradually raised up in he local area to be above those "superior" premiers**te teams 30+ miles away.
Its a very hard job RM has got .....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 17 2006,08:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 16 2006,11:15)]
[b said:

Just to put a financial perspective on this

30M stadium, 70% loan 5% PA interest
means 1.05M of interest pa
at an average ticket price of 20 quid and 26 games at home a season means 2,000 spectators paying full price every game just to pay the interest

Another 2,000 to pay off the capital

If we can average gates in the new stadium of 15,000 then we will be fine, and I could see a steady "Reading like" rise.

If we slip up and atendances drop much below 10,000 then we will be struggling to pay all of our bills.

So as Mike said, we need to ensure we are doing on the pitch so that the profile of the club is gradually raised up in he local area to be above those "superior" premiers**te teams 30+ miles away.
Its a very hard job RM has got .....
this is without factoring in the increased revenue from Car Parking, Park and Ride possibility, Executive possibilities and non-match related income that the club are focused on implementing...

Ron has said that the conferencing facilities are very important and we need a stadium that can be used 7 days a week not just once a fortnight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwich Shrimper @ May 20 2006,21:03)]Ron has said that the conferencing facilities are very important and we need a stadium that can be used 7 days a week not just once a fortnight.
Indeed - I think it's worth pointing out, that three of the promoted teams accross the Football League share their stadium with a Premiership Rugby team (Watford, Reading and Wycombe) so increasing the amount of revenue in "non-ticket" streams.

No club will be able to survive on only 23 league games a season.

Not always a good thing, sharing with a rugger side... the pitches can get in a really poor state over the winter - the pitch at the Milstad yesterday looked awful!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 15 2006,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 14 2006,18:58)]If the plan was for 17,000 when we were speculating about Championship football, confirmation of Championship football must justify a bigger capacity.
Just to play Devil's advocate, Championship football is not confirmed for when - and indeed if - the new stadium is completed.
Ok, that much isn't guaranteed but the best and worst case scenario are one league better than they was last year across the same timespan so we have to assume the performance of the club is 1 league better than it was expected to be last year.

I don't know why I felt the need to actually reply though!

biggrin.gif

Back