• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timetable Set

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ May 22 2006,20:36)]Not always a good thing, sharing with a rugger side... the pitches can get in a really poor state over the winter - the pitch at the Milstad yesterday looked awful!
I don't remember it making much dfference to our financial situation last time we shared with a rugby team......

But I m sure the pitch was worse for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 23 2006,13:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ May 22 2006,20:36)]Not always a good thing, sharing with a rugger side... the pitches can get in a really poor state over the winter - the pitch at the Milstad yesterday looked awful!
I don't remember it making much dfference to our financial situation last time we shared with a rugby team......

But I m sure the pitch was worse for it.
Oh yes, I remember that. Didn't it only last for about 10 games before the Rugby League club went under. They "acheived" a record low crowd at Roots Hall for a professional Rugby League game of about 75 if I remember correctly! No wonder we didn't make any money out of it!

Southend United Football Club then approached Invicta and in late 1984 became Southend Invicta but after the final home game against Huddersfield where there were a mere 85 fans the club director, Matt Wheatcroft admitted the club was in an extremely precarious position. Invicta were struck from the 1985-86 fixtures by the Rugby League only days before the commencement of the new season because they were considered not to have formed a team. They went into liquidation soon afterwards...

(With thanks to Wikipedia!)

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Look at swansea's pitch, that was in top condition even though they also share with a rugby team

PS: Reading? didnt know they shared with a rugby team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ May 23 2006,18:15)]
[b said:
Look at swansea's pitch, that was in top condition even though they also share with a rugby team

Reading ground share with London Irish I believe,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 23 2006,18:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ May 23 2006,18:15)]
[b said:

Reading ground share with London Irish I believe,
Oh yes - the mighty Exiles have a contract to play there for the next three seasons as well...

Back