• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
PB your keeping the opposition goalless tactics is obviously not working, but even if it was we still wouldnt be winning as we also cannot score goals.What im asking you sir ,is next season can you please try a change in tactics and mindset an adopt a lets score more goals than the opposition type play.for this you need to get in strikers that can actually put that football into the back of the oppositions net or players that can give the strikers the kind of passes that give them the opportunity to do this, also a couple of tall solid centre backs who can play good football would be nice.You have the nucleus of a good midfield in Leonard ,hopefully Moussa ,Deegan, Timlin if he stays,Kamara and McQueen if signed,McLaughlin , Bridge, so all is not doom and gloom for next season , i also believe your faithful supporters of SUFC might just love to see some attacking football for a change.I know i would love to read threatds on here of how attacking we played and how attractive the football we played was. with regards Buffalowolf.:smile:

You support a team in the wrong league if you're that desperate to see 'attractive' football. I'd much rather PB set up to win games rather than play an attractive attacking formation that will probably end up in us conceding a load of goals just to appease some fans who think they know better than a professional football manager about the best way to set a team up.

You support a team in the wrong league if you're that desperate to see 'attractive' football. I'd much rather PB set up to win games rather than play an attractive attacking formation that will probably end up in us conceding a load of goals just to appease some fans who think they know better than a professional football manager about the best way to set a team up.

He hasn't so far, so what makes you think he has that capability ?

Here we go. More criticism.
Lets get back to the Fourth Division (League 2) and play Forest Green Rovers et all. Who needs Sheffield United? Charlton Athletc? Coventry City? etc etc.
Phil Brown has done an appalling job. Taken the team and the club on a downward spiral. Crowds dropping. Club in turmoil.
You win. Lets get back to Morecambe!!! Where PB has left us!
Brown Out!
Satisfied?????>????

He was asking, not insisting he knew better,which of course is his right,don't ask don't get.

What games have you seen us play in this season Buffalowolf? Just curious

Danshrimper. Don't bother mate. Give it up!
The anti-Brown, anti-anything to do with the man brigade will never listen.
I am amazed PB has not bitten the Bolton hand off! He is despised by a mouthy minority and was from day 1. The fact that we are established in a higher division, with larger attendances - are totally ignored.
They hate PB. They hated him on the day he was given the job and they will hate him until he goes.
Pointless talking to those who made their mind up purely on accent, sun tan, where he has lived and his look.

Criticism and questioning are both warranted. We are in the midst of a woeful sequence. I am most definitely not a PB supporter and that is mainly down to his perceived, by me at least, limitations. However, some criticism is ill conceived. This desire for more attacking seems rash. I think the balance in general is about right and we, on our game, attack with adequate frequency. The problem comes from the lack of idea in the attacks. We do look very unconvincing in the final third and for me this is a problem Brown has had at every club he has managed and shows no sign of improving.

It seems the guy is staying. Ok, that's his and the clubs decision. I only hope he does get guidance, probably in the form of an attack coach, to make up for his limitation and give us a fighting chance of improvement.

I like to moan about PB but only for things I feel he gets wrong and the amount of attacking is not one of them. The quality of attack is another matter.

A poor month and a half of course wipes out all the wins we amassed to get into the play offs twice under brown and also flirt with the play off this season. Ridiculous just ridiculous. Our 4th most successful manager in out history. Perspective needed.

What games have you seen us play in this season Buffalowolf? Just curious

You know full well he hasn't seen any due to several oceans and continents being between him and Roots Hall. But surely, that's not the point. Buffalowolf follows SUFC via this message board so his views are coloured by the views of others on here that do attend matches.

Danshrimper. Don't bother mate. Give it up!
The anti-Brown, anti-anything to do with the man brigade will never listen.
I am amazed PB has not bitten the Bolton hand off! He is despised by a mouthy minority and was from day 1. The fact that we are established in a higher division, with larger attendances - are totally ignored.
They hate PB. They hated him on the day he was given the job and they will hate him until he goes.
Pointless talking to those who made their mind up purely on accent, sun tan, where he has lived and his look.

You forgot to mention that he is hated for the "assassination" of the much loved Sturrock, who by the way I appreciated just as much.
That said he has hardly covered himself in glory the past few weeks.

A poor month and a half of course wipes out all the wins we amassed to get into the play offs twice under brown and also flirt with the play off this season. Ridiculous just ridiculous. Our 4th most successful manager in out history. Perspective needed.

Yes he has achieved but this game is not about our yesterdays. We have won just six games in 2016 out of 23. That is not just a poor month and a half. We were promoted last season. Superb. We consolidated this term. Superb. But you have to be very, very laid back not to be the concerned about the massive slump in 2016 and to wonder why it happened and when will it end? If we had even an average 2016 then it would have been churlish to complain but Southend ended up bottom of the whole league in the form guide. If that does not warrant questions then I do not know what does.

All about opinions.

That is what the Zone is all about.

If you can't accept that others may have a different one then don't bother posting.

We are here for mass debates not masturbators.

All about opinions.

That is what the Zone is all about.

If you can't accept that others may have a different one then don't bother posting.

We are here for mass debates not masturbators.

Good theory - unfortunately a few in the second category tend to make the most noise ... :winking:

Yes he has achieved but this game is not about our yesterdays. We have won just six games in 2016 out of 23. That is not just a poor month and a half. We were promoted last season. Superb. We consolidated this term. Superb. But you have to be very, very laid back not to be the concerned about the massive slump in 2016 and to wonder why it happened and when will it end? If we had even an average 2016 then it would have been churlish to complain but Southend ended up bottom of the whole league in the form guide. If that does not warrant questions then I do not know what does.

No doubt form has been poop and questions should always be asked. I think this summer is going to be very interesting. Personally for PB in particular. Has to get the right signings.

You forgot to mention that he is hated for the "assassination" of the much loved Sturrock, who by the way I appreciated just as much.
That said he has hardly covered himself in glory the past few weeks.

"Assassination"????
So, you believe that PB made the decision to axe Paul Sturrock (who IMO is a very lovely man but offered the dullest football I have ever seen at Roots Hall) ? You don't think that Ron and the board of directors sacked Paul Sturrock and approached PB?
How odd. Phil Brown, out of work, yet able to sack Paul Sturrock. Incredible.

"Assassination"????
So, you believe that PB made the decision to axe Paul Sturrock (who IMO is a very lovely man but offered the dullest football I have ever seen at Roots Hall) ? You don't think that Ron and the board of directors sacked Paul Sturrock and approached PB?
How odd. Phil Brown, out of work, yet able to sack Paul Sturrock. Incredible.

You can't be going to games now then. Side to side, slow build up play, on a defensive set up. You don't get duller than that

You say Sturrock's football was dull but in actual fact, hitting the target man who then played the ball out to the wings was a far better attacking set up than PB could ever think of doing. We don't even play with 2 wingers now, which is lucky really as the ball never goes that wide anyway

Of course PB was already approached and accepted the job before Sturrock was axed. Tells you the sort of man he is. He wasn't out of work for 18 months for no reason

You can't be going to games now then. Side to side, slow build up play, on a defensive set up. You don't get duller than that

You say Sturrock's football was dull but in actual fact, hitting the target man who then played the ball out to the wings was a far better attacking set up than PB could ever think of doing. We don't even play with 2 wingers now, which is lucky really as the ball never goes that wide anyway

Of course PB was already approached and accepted the job before Sturrock was axed. Tells you the sort of man he is. He wasn't out of work for 18 months for no reason

So we must have got promoted under Sturrock...... Or am I getting confused.

Back