• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update To the Silent Majority. The Bare Facts. The Result.

Donation made, and happy to do this annually. I am an infrequent poster, but an avid consumer from a place of exile. Aside from being happier, healthier, more relaxed and stress-free, where would we all be without a daily fix from the Zone?
If I had used the time I've spent on SZ on more productive pursuits I would have cured all forms of cancer, visited the International Space Station, solved third world debt and brought peace to the world. Bloody SZ.

Oh, and COVID would not have happened. So there.

I have absolutely nothing to add apart from my 1000th post on this brilliantly run site. It really is a pleasure to navigate and search older posts. Once again well done all who give their time to make this viable.

ps do I get a lolly or a sticker or something amazing for getting to a 1000? only 6,500,000 behind OBL now
1624290206076.png

I have absolutely nothing to add apart from my 1000th post on this brilliantly run site. It really is a pleasure to navigate and search older posts. Once again well done all who give their time to make this viable.

ps do I get a lolly or a sticker or something amazing for getting to a 1000? only 6,500,000 behind OBL now

Haha if only there was a sticker for posting quantity! It’s not a bad idea actually, although it might have some downsides too.

Another exile here. I will no doubt remain a member of the silent majority but, particularly over the last fifteen months, I’ve been grateful for this link to our club. I don’t get to see the team nowadays (who does?) so it’s great to hear from those who do. Anyway, I’ve sent a tenner and will think about doing so more regularly. Gord bless the Zone x

?? The true bit in your post. Don’t understand the aggression tbh.

I think you've won the award for least popular poster on this thread. The over reaction from some has been harsh on this IMO. No-one has to contribute to the running of a site if they don't want to. The only sort of sites that you have to are behind a "pay wall" like newspapers. But if people are happy to contribute then fair play to them. Let's all be kind and not be dicks ?

Kev

I think you've won the award for least popular poster on this thread. The over reaction from some has been harsh on this IMO. No-one has to contribute to the running of a site if they don't want to. The only sort of sites that you have to are behind a "pay wall" like newspapers. But if people are happy to contribute then fair play to them. Let's all be kind and not be dicks ?

Kev

Not an exact comparison - the zone is not a profit making business, it is a small local community run by volunteers who give up lots of their time and shedloads of their own cash for the privilege. Crowd funding it purely to keep it in existence and share the load when necessary is all we’ve ever done over the past 20 years - and even then we try to combine it with a raffle or something like that to give a chance of a prize or two.

You’re right that being kind, and indeed reasonable, is the way forward and nobody should feel that they have to make any contribution. Massive thanks and huge credit go to those who do though and it’s that generosity of spirit that gives life to and sustains local special interest communities like this.

I think this thread had open many eyes as to what we’d miss if it was gone , I’ve been on this site since 2003 under a different name and even on holiday I’d sneak down and use the internet back in the day to keep a tabs on everything Southend .
I think the mods do a great job and this thread should not deviate away from the sol purpose of keeping this site up and running - if there is something negative to be said then PM and give constructive criticism if one feels that strongly .
Keep up the good work all

I can’t think of a day in the last 5 years when I’ve not checked in to see the latest gossip or rumour. Love the different opinions, and sometimes find myself agreeing with each and every post (even when they’re opposing views). You got my tenner a few days ago. Thank you.

Back