• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OlvisIII

Coach
Well done fellas. As Tilly has just said on Sky SPorts News, it was a professional performance which we never looked like losing. Fans were tremendous, a fantastic turn out. I turned up at 1.45 and got directed to the terraces because the tickets were running out and the queue was massive. Last time we were in a promotion chase I was 11 years old and didn't appreciate the atmosphere in the ground. Today was brilliant.

Flavs 8 - Made a couple of smart saves and has learnt to command his box.

Wilson 7 - Reliable as ever, a couple of great defensive headers.
Jupp 7.5 - I'm not his biggest fan but he had Tudor in his pocket the whole game. It did help by them continuing to pump high balls towards their best player who Juppy stood a good 6 inches taller than!!
Prior 9 - Immense, enough said. Goal as well.
Barrett 9 - Ditto.

Gower 5 - Had a poor game, seemed to be trying too hard to do something special.
Pettefer 7 - Battled hard and helped to keep Tudor quiet. Tactically used well by Tilly.
Bentley 8.5 - Brilliant. Back to his early season best. Cambridge could not handle his runs from midfield. Praying he doesn't get booked Friday.
Maher 9.5 - MOM. Superb. The lad from Preston has done well and has caused for chat to keep the team the same. Maher bossed the game today. I had a neutral mate today with us and he said as well that Maher was in complete control of the whole game. Captain marvel.

Gray 7 - Worked really hard and created a couple of opportunities. A great outlet.
Eastwood 7 - Lively but was marshalled superbly by the Cambridge defense. A couple of really incisive passes when he looked like shooting which impressed me.

Tilly deserves a mention today for getting the tactics spot on. We dominated the game and Cambridge huffed and puffed and got no where. Promotion looking good, title a bug chance still.

Good summary. Couple of points I would make:

Wilson: I thought did as well as any of the others. I thought Tudor started right wing but got little joy. Certainly, Wilson won as many headers against Roberts as anyone. Sadly, we're still awaiting a 30 yard wonder strike from him.

Tudor: Like you say, had very little chance from long balls however he did break free in the first half quite easily to cross behind Roberts and got free in the second half to somehow contrive to miss from a yard.

Gray: Got stick from some idiot behind me and the home fans for some reason but worked tremendously hard. Really thought he was going to score today, as with Eastwood.

Gower: Some moments of class but, for some reason, his confidence looks shot. First touches aren't there, rarely beats his man and passes persistently fall short. We decided he must actually be wearing Broughton's boots and they're much too big.

Bentley: Much better from the big man today. Not only does he move from box to box, he sprints from box to box, as though it's always been his fault an attack has broken down.

Work attitude: Tilson has built a fantastic work attitude in the team. Everyone works to close the ball and even Gower is realising defensive responsibilities.

Fans: This was madness. 2:15 and we have to queue for a quarter of an hour to get in for an away day. Excellent atmosphere but we struggled to coordinate chants between the end and the side!!!

Just seen the goals. Also showed the save which stopped Freddy from scoring and looks even better on the T.V!

As Tilly said, a professional performance. We didn't play that well and the 2 strikers had quite days, but we didn't need to play well. The quality difference showed although Cambridge played some nice football and I do feel a bit sorry for them. It was another comfortable win, we just seem to have a winning mentality at the moment and 16 games unbeaten is superb.

2207 away fans today I heard, highest ever at the Abbey Stadium. Superb atmosphere, I was in the terrace and there was a fair bit of singing there and I could hear the seating loads. Excellent support once again.

I thought Bentley and Wilson were the 2 best players today. Wilson defended superbly, didn't let anything beat him. Bentley worked very hard in midfield, made a lot of good runs and also did his bit defensively. Maher also made an impressive return to the side, set up both goals with 2 excellent set pieces and was instrumental as ever. Nice to see Prior get a goal too, him and Barrett did their job well in defence.

i thought che had a good game today. but do worry about gower, is he still feeling something or is he nursing himself untill cardiff arrives ?

Gower seemed to be going through the motions a bit especially in the second-half. He definetely shirked a couple of tackles which made me wonder if had a knock but then why was he on the pitch when Nicolau could have played? Either way he should have been taken off.

Agree with what everyone else has said really. Its good to know we have another couple of gears to go up if we have to. Gower did have a poor game it just seems like he disappears for periods in the game. It must be those white boots!

Cambridge certainly were not the worst side i have seen this season, Rushden, Chester and Kidderminster looked poorer sides when they came down to Roots Hall.

Did anyone else find it funny when Dudfield turned up with 15 mins left till kickoff and he gave that shrug of the shoulders to Tilly. Must have forgot to put his clocks forward.

3 more wins and automatic promotion is a certainly.

COME ON!

Yep just gotta win our home games now, thats all it will take. Massive pat on the back for all supporters who made the trip today - first class!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Mar. 28 2005,19:50)]Gower 5 - Had a poor game, seemed to be trying too hard to do something special.
Ditch the white boots!!!!!

ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Draft Shrimper @ Mar. 28 2005,22:05)]Did anyone else find it funny when Dudfield turned up with 15 mins left till kickoff and he gave that shrug of the shoulders to Tilly. Must have forgot to put his clocks forward.
Yeah, i was wondering why he wasn't on the bench. assumed he must've been injured. what a muppet. especially as he would've got a decent run-out today
oops.gif

Back