• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's Attendance

whats happened to the family days at the Hall ?? they usually have them v the likes of Hereford ?? always adds a 1000 or so to the gate

whats happened to the family days at the Hall ?? they usually have them v the likes of Hereford ?? always adds a 1000 or so to the gate

They limit them to 3 or 4 games per season, the Peterborough game was a family day I'm not sure when the next one is due.
We have the Orient game coming up so we should get 8,500 for that game, but the next up after that is Stockport & that is the same day as England are at home so that might have an impact on the crowd for that one.(even though England kick-off at 5.30pm I think).

Not sure about charging different prices for certain games, not many clubs do that at our level. It could put people off from attending if they have to pay more for a game against Orient.

Pity we play Leeds at home on a Tuesday and then Colchester at home on the Saturday as pay on the day people might only choose 1 of those games.

It's what I was saying about being more commercially aware these days. There are not only the option of family days, but plenty of other ways to entice non-season ticket holders into the ground. I know that in Toulouse the TFC are often making offers for the slightly less attractive games Ladies 1 Euro.....Ladies accompanied free.....children free etc.....I think that when we move to FF we shall start to see far more of these kind of offers, unless, of course we are flying high in the Championship
.......................or, why not ...........in the Premiership!!!!!

Southend should also price their games to reflect the current financial climate paying £20+ to watch a league 1 match is not value for money (considering you can watch Premier League games for less). I know this is difficult as many have purchased season tickets however unless this is considered I predict that average attandance will be 25% less than last year.

If you buy your ticket in advance then its £20 for an adult at Roots Hall.
Not sure you can get to many 'local' Prem games for £20.

Here are adult prices for London Prem clubs, cheapest prices are for games against Wigan etc and for some of the clubs you will need to join membership schemes which will cost more:-
Fulham £25 to £53
West Ham £35 to £63
Arsenal £33 to £94
Spurs £28 to £75
Chelsea £35 to £65

Cant see a 25% fall in our average crowd from last season (8,173) that would mean an average crowd this season of only 6,000. We would have to get some 4,000 crowds and no way will they go that low.

i've been saying this for ages. imagine 2day's attendance in a 22,000 seater stadium. just over a quarter full

On the plus side of FF, if someone decided to go and watch the game at the last minute they wont be put off by limited seats avaliable with a pillar blocking at least one of the goals.

If you buy your ticket in advance then its £20 for an adult at Roots Hall.
Not sure you can get to many 'local' Prem games for £20.

Here are adult prices for London Prem clubs, cheapest prices are for games against Wigan etc and for some of the clubs you will need to join membership schemes which will cost more:-
Fulham £25 to £53
West Ham £35 to £63
Arsenal £33 to £94
Spurs £28 to £75
Chelsea £35 to £65

Cant see a 25% fall in our average crowd from last season (8,173) that would mean an average crowd this season of only 6,000. We would have to get some 4,000 crowds and no way will they go that low.

Tickets for Wigan v Sunderland were on general sale at £20.

Middlesboro tickets are £25 but season tickets start at £270 which I believe is cheaper than us.

Even so if you can buy a ticket for £25 to watch a Premier League game in London why are we charging £22 to watch the likes of Hereford and Stockport. Do you consider this good value for money or good business sence???

I also believe that our average will be about 6,000 - 7,000 this year due to a number of factors including the credit crunch.

I find the experiment at Huddersfield quite an interesting one to watch.......three
home matches with dropping attendances 15,578.....13,189....12,128...If they continue to fare so badly on the pitch, how low can it go???

Bradford have also been pricing season tickets very low for last couple of seasons - their crowds have held up around 13,000 mark so far.

I personaly believe that Southend should set different prices per game I for example would pay more to watch Southend play Orient, Colchester, Leeds and Leicester than Hereford, Crewe and Stockport.

Southend should also price their games to reflect the current financial climate paying £20+ to watch a league 1 match is not value for money (considering you can watch Premier League games for less). I know this is difficult as many have purchased season tickets however unless this is considered I predict that average attandance will be 25% less than last year.

The credit crunch is having an adverse effect for the majority of clubs not just Southend most clubs have and will continue to see a drop in attandancies. Those that are proactive will be less effected than others.

I think this is a very good point - Tranmere already do it in our division and some premiership clubs have tried it too - Middlesbrough have certainly done this in the past, not sure if they still do.

The only trouble is that you'll get people then moaning about why they should have to pay £3 more to watch Brighton than they do to watch Walsall.

Tickets for Wigan v Sunderland were on general sale at £20.

Middlesboro tickets are £25 but season tickets start at £270 which I believe is cheaper than us.

Even so if you can buy a ticket for £25 to watch a Premier League game in London why are we charging £22 to watch the likes of Hereford and Stockport. Do you consider this good value for money or good business sence???

I also believe that our average will be about 6,000 - 7,000 this year due to a number of factors including the credit crunch.

Don't forget Prem clubs get loads of SKY cash which some use to offset season ticket prices.

It's £20 for an Adult to get in at Roots Hall if purchased in advance.

Yep you can see a Prem game in London for £25 if Fulham v Wigan is up your street.

Our average crowd this season will be higher than 7,000.

Middlesborough season ticket was indeed £270 for the corners of their ground, very good value at only £15 per game. It works out at £16.52 a game for me and my son at Roots Hall.

Don't forget Prem clubs get loads of SKY cash which some use to offset season ticket prices.

It's £20 for an Adult to get in at Roots Hall if purchased in advance.

Yep you can see a Prem game in London for £25 if Fulham v Wigan is up your street.

Our average crowd this season will be higher than 7,000.

Middlesborough season ticket was indeed £270 for the corners of their ground, very good value at only £15 per game. It works out at £16.52 a game for me and my son at Roots Hall.

I take your point regarding Sky money. I just do not believe it makes good business sence in the current climate to charge as much as £22 for a game especially against teams like Hereford.

The majority of fans who purchase a ticket will pay the £22. If you book in advance you get stung with a booking charge.

If we want to attract more fans and keep the children supporting Southend rather than the likes of West Ham we must offer good value for money. The standard of football in the first division is no where near as good as the Premiership therefore we should price our matches accordingly.

Tickets for Wigan v Sunderland were on general sale at £20. Probably because Wigan is a Rugby town, they have always had problems filling the JJB (unless of course the Warriors are playing) and Sunderland arent exactly the biggest of draws in the Premiership.

What we have to remember is that the Premiership clubs have £60million TV money that they can use to subsidise their ticket prices, which equates to around £2.5 million per game or an or 50,000 people at £50 a time.

I agree that our average will be around 6500ish this year unless of course we make a sustained run at the playoffs in which we could see it rise to 7/7500.

The only trouble is that you'll get people then moaning about why they should have to pay £3 more to watch Brighton than they do to watch Walsall.

The main problem with this would be separating them into sections.

Obviously the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Col Ewe and Orient are going to be top whack. But like you say about Brighton and Walsall how do you differ between the two?

Premier League Clubs do this, but its easy in the PL. Top 4 (Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd and your local rivals, but it isn't easy to do that in this division.

Back