• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TODAYS GAME

Good to hear that smith played well his going to be key player this season if he stays injury free.

As Neil says, Wayne Gray's cousin was superb and got an excellent ovation as he left the pitch ...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 16 2005,17:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 16 2005,18:02)]As Neil says, Wayne Gray's cousin was superb and got an excellent ovation as he left the pitch ...

laugh.gif
Only because he played exactly like Tesfaye.
I've got some soap if you want to wash your mouth out after that comment

I wouldn't go as far as saying that anyone was superb. It was a typical friendly, only enlivened by Kevin Gray's ineptitude.

The key points are that the trialists may get us somewhere and everyone looks fit (except Gower, who wasn't seen at all)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ July 16 2005,18:20)]So Jozic and Wright looked useful then?
Yep, both were good, especially Jozic. Nothing got past him at all, and he looked very composed on the ball. Wright had a steady second half and looks to have a sweet left foot.

Today, was about fitness and to be honest combined with the terrible pitch and hot weather, I think Tilly will be pretty happy with the outcome. Great to Smith back in action, and Lewis Hunt as well. All in all a good workout.

As for Gower, he was warming up, and looked set to start the first half, but was mysteriously replaced by James Lawson on the left. He was definitley there, as he walked past me back to the changing rooms about midway through the second half...

rock.gif

Anyway, the line ups were as follows;

1st Half

Flavs; Juppy, Che, Barrett, Jozic; Lawson, Petts, Guttridge, Smith; Gray K, Gray, W

2nd Half

Bart; Hunt, Wright, Spinner, Eagle; Smith (Guttridge), Maher, Bentley, Cole; Gray K (Gray, W), Eastwood.

All about fitness today. Lawson impressed me a great deal, especially as he was playing on the left, out of position. Guttridge looked good and got stuck in, whilst repeating what's been said, it was great to Smith out there again and although at times he looked very rusty as to be expected, his ability came through. Freddy though, was a class above everyone. The only one not affected by the shocking bobbly pitch, and he looked as if he hadn't been away. Shame that half our team didn't realise Mitchell Cole or Mark Wright were on the pitch though, can't say the ball went over to the left much at all in that second half.

As for the trialists, well at least 'Kev Gray' gave us a laugh. Slightly worrying that we gave him over an hour of a pre season game at a time when we're desperate for a couple of strikers to come along. Surely there is someone who could've come in on trial and played today instead. What a waste of a position that was.

Jozic looked a man mountain, if a typical continental defender in he always had his hands all over his man. Worth another look though.

Where as Wright barely saw any action so I can't really comment. Wasn't as marauding as Nicky, and looked slightly more solid, which admittedly isn't saying much but you can see where I'm heading.  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Jozic doesn't look like someone to mess with!!

Barrett had a couple of headers go wide and Gray worked as hard as usually and was fouled alot by the Chelmsford defence as they couldn't really cope with him. The lack of balls also didn't help either as they kept going over the fence every 5 minutes with the locals running round and getting them. One incredible sad 30/40 year old chap was racing kids to get the ball. Bag, notepad, everything. A good laugh, good grub and a few half-good looking ladies (especially near Grim!!) ...

Kev

Can anyone tell me who Chelmsford No 4 with the long throws was, and who was the No17 with the black socks who kept doing those stepovers?

Not to mention the keeper? Who was he? They haven't got a keeper at the moment after Nicholls left, so I imagine he was a trialist?

As the tannoy system was so cack where I was, I've got no idea!

I would have thought that Gower and Tilly decided between them that with the pitch being fairly hard it wasn't worth risking his dodgy back!!

He made a couple of really good saves, not to mention the mobbing he got at the end. He seemed to have built a little fan club!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 16 2005,20:03)]He made a couple of really good saves, not to mention the mobbing he got at the end. He seemed to have built a little fan club!
That was superb. He seemed genuinely pleased as well. One thing for sure was that he didn't speak much English and his team-mates didn't listen to him. Someone mid-way through the 2nd half shouted out "What do you do for a proper job" after another kicking error. He just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Dissapointed Cole didn't get much of the ball. Hope to see some more of him on Tuesday ...

As for the throws ... dunno and the number 17 ... dont know.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 16 2005,19:57)]Apparently the keeper was a trialist, and he didn't do to bad, but he didn't have a lot to do
This from a man who would know all about keeping
wink.gif

No i thought he was good, 3 good saves.

The guy with their throws was mental!!!

17 was a tart though, no end product whatsoever

"Hardly impressive is it winning 1-0 against a poor team who are below conference level, but saying that i wasnt there so i cant comment on how we played or whatever. personally i though we would win by a much higher goal difference but nevermind its a win"

Hmm, just because we are below Conference level (in fact four leagues lower than you) does not make us a 'poor team',
matey!

The lad with the long throw was Jude Sterling ex-Tamworth (and Dover Athletic)...

Spoke to Marky Gower in the bar at half-time, and he said that his left hamstring was a bit tight, so wouldn't be playing today. Should be fit for next Saturday.

Also, he was losing money on the Open - I told him he shouldn't have put money on Els....
cool.gif

Back