• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Todays Protest Pictures-Videos and Comments.

Troubled Blues are back on the bottom
May be an image of 2 people, crowd and text

I'm digesting it now that I'm on the way home.

A really humbling experience, something I'm very pleased to have been a part of and to have played a small part in publicising. All got a bit emotional at one stage!

Unbelievable props to the supporters groups and for a real joint effort in organising and getting such a fantastic turnout.

I started off towards the back and it was difficult to get an idea from there of how many but I'd say we set off with maybe 400.

I busted a nut to get myself almost to the front quarter or so of the pack by the time we were midway down Vic Ave but then I got ambushed by Chris Phillips for a livestream interview. By the time it finished I was right at the back again! But as 80% of the crowd passed me whilst I spoke to Chris, that's when it hit me how many people there were. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was 1,000 by the time we reached the Blue Boar.

Float was fantastic, atmosphere was electric. No trouble from anybody. It was well received by the public too - shoppers on the High Street, residents on balconies down Vic Ave....lots of people filming on their phones. I think we made it clear what is happening at our football club, how we feel about it and how important the club is to the community.

Great stuff, and one that'll live long in the memory.

Great to see @Smiffy @Lord Football and @hlane17 but then everybody got lost in the crowd.

It sure was a great experience and not to be forgotten. Just a shame the circumstances that made this necessary.
Hats off to organisers

Difficult to judge numbers when you’re in the middle of it but it seemed to make an impression. Couldn’t believe how many people were watching on from the surrounding flats: as we passed Vic Ave every balcony seemed to have people come out to see what was going on.

When was the last time Southend High Street witnessed a protest that size?

Back