• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Todays Protest Pictures-Videos and Comments.

Thanks to John Humphrey

Jonathan Humphrey is with Andy Rogers and​

8 others

.​

38 m ·

Today wasn’t about football. It was about Southend United Football Club and it’s survival. It was a about a fan base in huge numbers coming together as one with the local community to show that we are UNITED and won’t go without a fight
💙
⚽️
🦐
of course we lost the game
🫢

May be an image of 2 people, crowd and text
May be an image of 4 people, crowd and text that says ODEON ress 552 SW END NITE OU'RE MY UL
May be an image of 7 people, crowd and text
May be an image of 2 people and crowd
May be an image of 4 people, crowd and text that says ++++ ODEON HHTEC
May be an image of 1 person, crowd and text
May be an image of 7 people, crowd and text
May be an image of crowd
May be an image of crowd and text

Last edited:
At last we had great numbers out for a protest, full credit to all concerned. Last time i saw a united ( excuse the pun ) crowd that size walking up the High St, was decades ago on the old Bank Hol Mondays!.
Bumped into a few 'old faces' at Pier Hill, & had an enjoyable walk to The Blue Boar in the company of old friends 'B.B The Legend Lives On' & 'E for B and Billy Best'!.
Added bonus was 'B.B The legend Lives On' & me were interviewed by Chris Phillips between 32 1/2 mins to 35 mins on the video he uploaded!.

Albeit for horrendous reasons that will be a top 10 SUFC memory for me.

Was there any coverage on the media other than the Echo in the end? Even if not all the videos shared on social media will spread the message among the local area and fans in general.

A great effort by all.

So proud to be part of that today, as I posted on twitter and FB the football as disappointing as it was was secondary to the protest. I attended with my 76 year old mum, son, nephew and friends. As great as it was it’s sad and heartbreaking that it’s come to this. We are days away from the end of the club and although noises on the outside maybe suggesting things maybe are looking bright it’s a huge worry and concern for us all. Bottom line is Ron is still in charge and no clear sign anything will happen before 4/10. Im thinking if nothing changes by the 3/10 then RH is going to be a very toxic and sad place to be. But overall a great event organised by the supporter groups, around 1000 shrimpers united against one man. Ron we will not go quietly and we won’t go without a fight. You have days to do the right thing not fir you but for Southend United football club, it’s fans and the community as a whole

Honestly think it was more than 1000 by the time we hit blue boar. Amazing day and what a great movement. Shame about the result but this was so much more than just a football match today. We all stand as one.

So proud to be part of that today, as I posted on twitter and FB the football as disappointing as it was was secondary to the protest. I attended with my 76 year old mum, son, nephew and friends. As great as it was it’s sad and heartbreaking that it’s come to this. We are days away from the end of the club and although noises on the outside maybe suggesting things maybe are looking bright it’s a huge worry and concern for us all. Bottom line is Ron is still in charge and no clear sign anything will happen before 4/10. Im thinking if nothing changes by the 3/10 then RH is going to be a very toxic and sad place to be. But overall a great event organised by the supporter groups, around 1000 shrimpers united against one man. Ron we will not go quietly and we won’t go without a fight. You have days to do the right thing not fir you but for Southend United football club, it’s fans and the community as a whole
Can you elaborate on this bit please, Jon?

Seriously, well done to everyone. @Shrimp and two veg - fantastic work on the clown float, and how great to see all the different factions of Southend United's fan base coming together as one.

I know there were several local councillors on the march, but there were also a few local celebs out there too. Lewis Griffiths and Sam Duckworth both posted to their stories on social media, and there was this as well:

Can you elaborate on this bit please, Jon?
TBF it’s just hear say which is why i then said that still nothing is likely to happen before the 4th. We know that The Trust, Justin and the council are still pursuing options which is a positive and they haven’t given up. We have to hope that they can find the right option that’s suit: Ron….. and there lies the problem

Seriously, well done to everyone. @Shrimp and two veg - fantastic work on the clown float, and how great to see all the different factions of Southend United's fan base coming together as one.

I know there were several local councillors on the march, but there were also a few local celebs out there too. Lewis Griffiths and Sam Duckworth both posted to their stories on social media, and there was this as well:

How are your knees this morning?.

Back