• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

eastwood is looking learner sharper and fitter, if he stays fit I'm very excited UTB

Eastwood did look sharp and fit, I must admit, and I was one of his biggest critics last season.

Yeah, Mr Brown know it too, he just need to put together a strong midfielders and have good winger to help Freddy out, touch wood, he carry on having a good pre season before the Plymouth game. All I care is the shape of the team and no injury!

The 2 Portuguese boys looked a little more settled tonight. One took his goal well, was brave and took a clump for his efforts. Jack Payne impressive again. Freddy looking very fit and sharp.

Eastwood did look sharp and fit, I must admit, and I was one of his biggest critics last season.

To be fair last season, mainly due to his knee problem Freddy never got to the fitness level needed to warrant selection and perform at the level expected of him.

Hopefully he has now put that all behind him as he now looks to be in much better shape for this season. At 29 I trust he would be still able to turn the clock back to get close to the form he was in 5 or 6 years ago.

What is a concern to me is the fact that in the 2 friendlies so far 3 goals have been scored against us, i realise its early season and players not 100% fit ,but never the less to have 3 goals against what really isnt strong opposition ,leans me to think that maybe our defence also needs strengthening.I really believe we need another central defender.

What is a concern to me is the fact that in the 2 friendlies so far 3 goals have been scored against us, i realise its early season and players not 100% fit ,but never the less to have 3 goals against what really isnt strong opposition ,leans me to think that maybe our defence also needs strengthening.I really believe we need another central defender.

Friendlies are inaccurate to predict how the season will pan out. I've seen us have good preseasons and be cr@p during the season and vice versa. The main thing which is important are fitness and not picking up injuries.

For the teams playing against us this is in some respects a "biggy" for them so a lot of their players will raise their game. Not only that, but I doubt many defenders are going to go be going in with the most robust of challenges when the brief is to try things that have been trained, gain fitness and get sharper. Don't worry, yet.

I wouldn't worry, the defence has been chopped and changed, trialists have been in etc. A defence is a unit and so far by his own admission Brown hasn't even started with the tactics yet, I imagine that will follow in a couple of weeks once the early 'fitness matches' are out of the way. You can take extremely little out of friendlies in general.

From anyone who went, who were the stand out players, and how did the trialists do?

Edit: Also Atkinson, how was he?

Last edited:
Back